Premed 101 Forums

Retaking The 2015 Mcat?

smithd

Hi everyone!

I wrote my MCAT this summer and did fairly well in all sections (129/130/131), except for CARS (126). The CARS score makes me ineligible for most schools out of Ontario, as well as possibly Western and Queen's, based on their cutoff scores from the old MCAT (though I guess the 10/10/10 cutoff for Queen's is really just rumoured). Does anyone have any feedback on whether the lower CARS score will be detrimental to my application in the upcoming cycle? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I wrote my MCAT this summer and did fairly well in all sections (129/130/131), except for CARS (126). The CARS score makes me ineligible for most schools out of Ontario, as well as possibly Western and Queen's, based on their cutoff scores from the old MCAT (though I guess the 10/10/10 cutoff for Queen's is really just rumoured). Does anyone have any feedback on whether the lower CARS score will be detrimental to my application in the upcoming cycle? Any help would be great! Thanks.

126 = a 9 on the old scale; that should be fine for U of T (they actually changed their cutoffs to a 8 on every section for the 2015 mcat takers). For Mac, if you have a very high gpa + good casper, it could make up for the 9. Western is out of the running though (I think).

Archived