Premed 101 Forums

Multiple Activities In One Organization

• 2 weeks later...

If I had different roles in the hospital (for example: wayfinding and bedside visitations), should I separate them and consider each to be an activity or should it be combined into one (which is more difficult since there is only a 350 character limit)...?

Also: if I've changed in positions in an organization such as from being a member --> coordinator --> director --> VP --> prez; should they be considered different activities each??

Does it look really bad if you have multiple activities in one organization? They are legitimately different (soccer player, soccer coach, team manager) and they have different verifiers. Just wondering what your experience is with this?

Thanks!

If you have space in the NAQ section, making three separate entries seems perfectly fine to me! 

If I had different roles in the hospital (for example: wayfinding and bedside visitations), should I separate them and consider each to be an activity or should it be combined into one (which is more difficult since there is only a 350 character limit)...?

Also: if I've changed in positions in an organization such as from being a member --> coordinator --> director --> VP --> prez; should they be considered different activities each??

I had more than one position at my local hospital and so I listed them as separate entries.  Good luck!

I had more than one position at my local hospital and so I listed them as separate entries.  Good luck!

I also have more than one position at my hospital and the roles are very different. I was just wondering, if I volunteered at the hospital for 3 years but I have less than 150 hours in total, do you think I should still split them up into two separate entries? Thanks! 

I also have more than one position at my hospital and the roles are very different. I was just wondering, if I volunteered at the hospital for 3 years but I have less than 150 hours in total, do you think I should still split them up into two separate entries? Thanks! 

If you have enough space, split them as two separate entries.

If you need space for other activities, put them as one entry. At the end of the day, it should not impact your application much regardless how you decide to do it.

Hi musicislife, I agree with what dk355 said.  I think ideally it would be better to separate them if "the roles are very different" since you get to describe each role in greater depth that way.  But see how much room you have left.  FYI I didn't even fill up all my slots.

If you have enough space, split them as two separate entries.

If you need space for other activities, put them as one entry. At the end of the day, it should not impact your application much regardless how you decide to do it.

Archived