Premed 101 Forums

Confused About Dates For Rural/remote Section Of Ubc App

I have looked at the help guide and am unsure about how to fill out dates for the activities section of the rural/remote section. 

For example, if you list someone who is living in a rural area as a tie, would the dates be how long that person has lived in the rural area? Or how long you have known the person? The reason I am asking is I have some friends living in rural areas, but used to live in the city, so I am not sure if I should be using the dates that I have known them which is a lot longer than how long they have been living in a rural area. 

Anyone have any idea?

My interpretation was how long I've known that person, my rationale being that I think it's more important to show that it's a significant relationship. If someone you've  known for 20 years lives rurally but has only been there for a year, its a significant tie to a rural area (whereas if you put down only a year that's not such a significant tie). 

Totally guess-work on my part, but if you wanted to clarify you could include how many trips you make per year or something like that. Hope this helps!

Archived