Premed 101 Forums

In-Province Mcat Requirements?

Thanks guys, I think I will submit this and cross my fingers. It's hard to say how the applicant pool will be; the school is off probation and each year that passes from the initial changes to Undergrad requirement will probably draw more applicants.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm curious: why do the standards seem a bit low?

Many are saying they have good GPAs which can make up for what seems like terrible MCAT scores.

I'm from Alberta and even with a high GPA (3.9+ out of 4) you need around 514+ to be competitive assuming you have extracurricular. Saw a previous poster say he got in with 493 and high mcat...

Saskatchewan has 1/4 of the population of Alberta.

I'm curious: why do the standards seem a bit low?

Many are saying they have good GPAs which can make up for what seems like terrible MCAT scores.

I'm from Alberta and even with a high GPA (3.9+ out of 4) you need around 514+ to be competitive assuming you have extracurricular. Saw a previous poster say he got in with 493 and high GPA..

UofS just got out of probation and has made a lot of changes to its admission requirements. This past year and the next 2 will be lower than the average across Canada but it should become normal.  

Archived