Premed 101 Forums

Omsas Question About Old Grades

Hello fellow non-trads, I have a question about entering grades into OMSAS.  Maybe some of you older applicants have faced this issue.  As I understand it I'm obligated to included all courses ever taken at a post secondary institute.  I have courses from an unfinished UG 17 years ago.  Those classes were 'set aside' when I returned to school this time around, meaning I was unable to use the credits or have any of the marks affect my current standing.  My question is, when I enter these classes into the OMSAS form there is no place to indicate the course value/weight as zero.  I also have withdrawn and incomplete courses from that time period, how should those be entered?  I'm a little confused as to how all this will affect my application or how to communicate the situation correctly   :eek: !!  Anyone have any advice?

Hello fellow non-trads, I have a question about entering grades into OMSAS.  Maybe some of you older applicants have faced this issue.  As I understand it I'm obligated to included all courses ever taken at a post secondary institute.  I have courses from an unfinished UG 17 years ago.  Those classes were 'set aside' when I returned to school this time around, meaning I was unable to use the credits or have any of the marks affect my current standing.  My question is, when I enter these classes into the OMSAS form there is no place to indicate the course value/weight as zero.  I also have withdrawn and incomplete courses from that time period, how should those be entered?  I'm a little confused as to how all this will affect my application or how to communicate the situation correctly   :eek: !!  Anyone have any advice?

Those courses won't have a weight of zero - you should enter them in as you would if they were recent. The classes were set aside when you returned to school, but only by the school, not by OMSAS. OMSAS has guidelines about withdrawn/incomplete courses. If I remember, courses withdrawn with no academic penalty should not be entered at all, not sure about incomplete courses. Check their website.

Archived