Premed 101 Forums

Notification For Interviews

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @xcon2run - any news? do they have a date yet?

No updates so far. However, they will be coming out this week for sure. Sorry I don't have more info! There are a lot of moving parts both in SJ and Hali to figure out before the interview invites are sent out. 

This waiting period will help you all develop the "patience" needed for med  ;)

OOP rejection - severely disappointed as I worked so hard and have really great stats (not to sound cocky) but I have a community-based health research degree, lots of long term extra curricular activity involvements, publications (1st) author, abstracts, and a decent connection to Maritimes too. really upset.

OOP rejection here as well, the lack of Maritime connection probably did me in. For some reason I had high hopes for Dal because I thought I had produced a really good essay but no such luck.

Congrats to everyone who received their invites and good luck!

Just received a rejection (OOP), pretty upset over this as well. Spent a lot of time on the essay, good GPA and MCAT, and I felt I had really good ECs. Maybe it was my lack of Maritime connection, but I was still hopeful :( Would've loved to live on the East coast...Good luck to everyone else.

Hearing about some of these stellar OOP rejections really makes me feel better as it clearly is just a super competitive application pool. So sorry for all those who didn't get selected for interviews. And congrats to those who did.

Just a side note - I had visited Halifax and Dal this summer and spoke to an admissions officer about the determination of good connection and bad. She informed me it's simply for the admissions office use as a filter - so they read through it and basically determine good or bad connection. Those who have "bad" ones don't move forward for review. So the reviewers don't actually see your connection paragraph it's just the admissions office.

Archived