Premed 101 Forums

Doing Right

so my public library has 7 people who have reserved it before me, and my school library has one copy that's not due back until November :( WHY does this book have to be so pricey? any ideas where I can get a cheaper one second hand? And the e-book version....do you need a kindle to read it?

I can't see an eBook version anywhere. There is Doing Right: Practicing Ethical Principles as an eBook, but that is absolutely not the same book. I think if I get an interview this year I'll buy it, but that's pretty unlikely so I'm just gonna go with my gut for CASPer again!

And I've never touched a copy of it so I have no idea what the differences between the version might be. Often the publisher will list that information somewhere online.

• 3 weeks later...

I read the 1996 and 2014 edition and I'd say the 1996 edition is sufficient to convey the basics of medical ethics. The newer edition adds some more pages and includes comments on recent changes in the world of medicine (rise of antibiotic resistance for ex.).  

I'd also say that having read doing right didn't help with my MMI.  

I was fortunate enough to access these books through my school library and careers center.  The material is interesting and I now sort of having to deal with ethics in med school, but it's not all that important in the pre-medical stage

Archived