Premed 101 Forums

Casper Done.. Thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember! At Mac you just need to be average haha...

I wish, with my GPA and CARS, definitely got to be above xD. I am on the moral high ground muhahahah but not actually y'all are amazing <3. 

Was a fun challenge as always, they really make you think that's for sure. Now the long wait begins :P, good luck everyone!

I kind of wish I didn't take the 15 minute break. I don't know if the second half was more challenging or if I lost my groove, but I felt a lot worse about my answers.

Well, I only took a two minute break and was wondering if I should have taken the whole time because I was definitely feeling a bit sluggish by the last one. I even left a few spelling errors, which I usually try not to do. So it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

I feel like I wrote more than last year, but anything that is slightly different from last year makes me nervous that I won't get an interview again.

I also felt better about the first half! I ran out of time on two of the questions in the final sections. I was able to write about a line but unable to complete my thoughts. Otherwise I felt pretty good about my answers. I would absolutely love to have an interview at Mac so hoping my betters answers will make up for the rest.

Anybody else thought it went by shockingly quick? haha first time taking it for me. On a side note, got cut off on the 3rd question for some of the stations but hopefully won't matter much, I was just including supplementary stuff that wasn't really the meat of my argument

how come you were cut off? was it because you ran out of time or was it a glitch in the system? 

I thought the Casper test I wrote last year went a lot better, spent about two days reading "Doing Right" cover to cover this year and can't say it helped very much. Should have spent a bit more time on good ol' introspection.

Same here! Read that book in detail and made notes but turned out it helped very little. I felt like my responses were reflective of my thoughts on the prompts, but there were a few cases where I ran short on time to elaborate on a point. I guess we'll have to wait and see now.

Also, did anyone else think that one of the actors looked like will ferrell/ blake griffin had a kid?

LOL yeah

Same here! Read that book in detail and made notes but turned out it helped very little. I felt like my responses were reflective of my thoughts on the prompts, but there were a few cases where I ran short on time to elaborate on a point. I guess we'll have to wait and see now.

I feel differently - I read Doing Right this year (first time), albeit somewhat briefly and felt like it did help me form opinions on typical ethical scenarios (the case studies) which allowed me to be comfortable in articulating my opinion on other scenarios - such as CASPer and the sample questions

I felt like I had some good answers for the specific scenarios, but I'm terrible at the personal ones, ie, "Describe a time when you..."

I mean, seriously, it is really freakin difficult for me to sort through a lifetime of memory banks and pull something out that fits on the spot like that.  I normally end up freezing, then desperately try to regroup by pulling something that doesn't fit that well, but I run with it, and it's mediocre.

So overall.... I think I did ok, but definitely not spectacular.

RR

Archived