Premed 101 Forums

Casper Done.. Thoughts?

Same here! Read that book in detail and made notes but turned out it helped very little. I felt like my responses were reflective of my thoughts on the prompts, but there were a few cases where I ran short on time to elaborate on a point. I guess we'll have to wait and see now.

Definitely feel the same way about this book... oh well. It definitely helps for interviews, so at least it wasnt a waste of money.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like I had some good answers for the specific scenarios, but I'm terrible at the personal ones, ie, "Describe a time when you..."

I mean, seriously, it is really freakin difficult for me to sort through a lifetime of memory banks and pull something out that fits on the spot like that.  I normally end up freezing, then desperately try to regroup by pulling something that doesn't fit that well, but I run with it, and it's mediocre.

So overall.... I think I did ok, but definitely not spectacular.

RR

THIS!

totally agree

I applied last year and got an interview, my Casper score definitely carried my GPA. I felt iffy after Casper both times. 

This year was... uncomfortable. 

I felt like I did provide powerful enough responses and for a few, my answer to the third question SUCKED.

Meeeeeeeehhhhhh............... D:

I didn't feel like either half was more difficult than the other in terms of content but i did feel myself tiring towards the end. Your brain and hands are constantly working as hard as they can for more than an hour, its truly exhausting.

I definitely resonate with this... It felt like I had carpal tunnel when I was finished.

Hey guys, I have a few questions:

1) Did everyone have 3 questions in each station?

2) Multiple people have said that they didn't feel too confident about the personal questions. If you were to re-write casper, how would you better prepare for the personal questions?

3) To current Mac Med students, is each question or each station independently graded?

Thanks in advance!

I felt like I had some good answers for the specific scenarios, but I'm terrible at the personal ones, ie, "Describe a time when you..."

I mean, seriously, it is really freakin difficult for me to sort through a lifetime of memory banks and pull something out that fits on the spot like that.  I normally end up freezing, then desperately try to regroup by pulling something that doesn't fit that well, but I run with it, and it's mediocre.

So overall.... I think I did ok, but definitely not spectacular.

RR

You can think of your thoughts beforehand.

Hey guys, I have a few questions:

1) Did everyone have 3 questions in each station?

2) Multiple people have said that they didn't feel too confident about the personal questions. If you were to re-write casper, how would you better prepare for the personal questions?

3) To current Mac Med students, is each question or each station independently graded?

Thanks in advance!

1) Not sure - I assume each station is identically used, but the orders are switched.

2) Ask yourself tough questions about salient times in your life. (I've worded this purposefully vague)

3) Yes this is explained in the tutorial I believe. Hence if you think you messed up, forget about it and moved on. The other graders wont know.

I'm in the same boat as many of you. Found the second half a little more challenging/ almost ran out of time on one of the questions (only wrote about 2-3 sentences and didn't get to make my full point). It's honestly so hard to predict where we all stand when so many variables come into play!

I am panicking a little though because for some reason my webcam would not load (even though it let me do it for practice) so I hope they don't disqualify me for not being able to provide a picture :S I tried to email them about it and I put a comment at the end, but I am still really worried. Did anyone else have that problem?

I'm in the same boat as many of you. Found the second half a little more challenging/ almost ran out of time on one of the questions (only wrote about 2-3 sentences and didn't get to make my full point). It's honestly so hard to predict where we all stand when so many variables come into play!

I am panicking a little though because for some reason my webcam would not load (even though it let me do it for practice) so I hope they don't disqualify me for not being able to provide a picture :S I tried to email them about it and I put a comment at the end, but I am still really worried. Did anyone else have that problem?

I did. I had to change browsers before the test started. It worked for me during my practice run the day before...

We can't tell you what's specifically on the test, against the agreement. Just prepare for anything. Good luck! Plus you should always have reasons why you are applying to a certain school, they have to have reasons to want you after all.

why even bother responding .... if you're just going to tell people to prepare for anything.

are there any Mac specific questions on the test? 

There are no school specific questions (ie. why mac, or why mac curriculum etc.)

Archived