Premed 101 Forums

American Medical School Applications

Canadamed

As a Canadian student who has spent all of their time, research and effort applying to medical schools within Canada, I would like to know if anyone here could inform me if it is simply too late to apply within the American system? 

From what I understand, their system admission has a rolling admissions process beginning during the summer and going until late fall, and that I would be at a significant disadvantage now applying late as an international. Regardless, is it too late to apply within AMCAS now at this point?

If anyone has some insight into this system or an answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

As a Canadian student who has spent all of their time, research and effort applying to medical schools within Canada, I would like to know if anyone here could inform me if it is simply too late to apply within the American system? 

From what I understand, their system admission has a rolling admissions process beginning during the summer and going until late fall, and that I would be at a significant disadvantage now applying late as an international. Regardless, is it too late to apply within AMCAS now at this point?

If anyone has some insight into this system or an answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Way too late for AMCAS, do not apply at this point unless your a 4.0 and 35+ all-star applicant, even then it is way too late.

Apply first thing in May/June this upcoming year if you so desire.

Way too late for AMCAS, do not apply at this point unless your a 4.0 and 35+ all-star applicant, even then it is way too late.

Apply first thing in May/June this upcoming year if you so desire.

4.0 and 35+ definitely not enough for an international submitting their primary late October. Get all your things ready to apply on day 1 next year.

Is it harder to get into an American or Canadian medical school?

A top tier US school requires more impressive stats and achievements which therefore makes it harder. From my understanding, a Canadian school requires more impressive stats than a mid-tier US school though (aside from maybe a few exceptions in the US). Not to mention many canadian schools have concessions/weightings for 1 or 2 bad years, which is more rare in the US.

Archived