Premed 101 Forums

Help!

Just got this reply...

We are aware that many of you are currently experiencing some issues with your CASPer test. We apologise for the inconvenience of this issue.

We are dealing with an eternal site issue that is causing some unexpected test behaviour and loading issues. Please close your test and await further instruction. We will let you know when you will be able to resume your test. 

Your patience with this issue is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Leah

Guys! I am so sorry that you had to go through this :( If it makes you feel any better, I had technical issues last year and they were very fair about it. I hope everything was resolved. Good luck everyone!

They were fair about it in what way? do they take this into consideration when marking the answerS?

I hope there is an option to re-write. I was getting into a groove during the test and this has screwed everything up. Its not a 5 min delay, its been almost 45 min. I will be seriously upset if I have to continue writing without having the option to retry from start to finish. Not to mention I now forget most of the video prompt that I was given right before I was shut out. 

Unfortunately some of you from 2PM EDT are still experiencing issues getting back into your test. We truly apologise for the inconvenience. We are still working with the external site to get everything running smoothly.

Please close your test now and we will be contacting you in the next few business days to let you know if you need to write a smaller second CASPer test in order to have enough data to generate a CASPer score. 

We will be letting you know via email if you have also completed enough sections and do not need to do anything further.

All of the sections you have completed up until now will have been automatically saved.

For those who were scheduled at 4PM EDT, we have pushed your test start time to 5PM EDT. If you are unable to take the test at this time, please reschedule for later today, or contact us tomorrow and we will work to accommodate your test in the near future.

Just saw this posted on the CASPer Site. I cannot imagine how those of you who were scheduled to write at 2PM are currently feeling. Same with those who were ready to roll at 4PM but got pushed back. With the applications, ref letters, ABS, MCAT, and the nature of this test I'd say most of us are pretty stressed as it is. Such technical issues are just extremely unfortunate and I feel that more care should be taken to ensure they do not occur at this magnitude...

don't worry too much guys

mac has told me in the past that you do not need all 12 stations to collate the scores reliably

its ok if some of them got away - mac is very fair about it and it won't affect your mean score

As a med student at mac, I disagree that mac is very fair and that fewer samples won't affect mean score. They want to come across as being all evidence based but yet they allow applicants to write the test in the comfort of their own home. There's a reason they want 12 samples... likely because its more reliable than 11.

I heard people were getting cut off after 5-6 sections today. I feel for all of you!

Archived