Premed 101 Forums

The Casper Crash Thread

I'm trying to decide if I should retake mine or not... I managed to do 10/12 before the crash. I felt confident about the first 10 but my last two definitely weren't as great, which I may or may not attribute to the crash but regardless it was not the most favourable experience.

Anyone have any comments?

If you decided to continue your test and complete it, I don't think you have the option of re-taking it. That's at least what I was told.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you decided to continue your test and complete it, I don't think you have the option of re-taking it. That's at least what I was told.

I just got an email from Leah saying that it is still a possibility of re-taking, but I sent an email back asking exactly whether or not they got the completion on their end.

I think if all my answers were saved, I'll just leave it as it is since I felt OK with it even after the crash

I just got an email from Leah saying that it is still a possibility of re-taking, but I sent an email back asking exactly whether or not they got the completion on their end.

I think if all my answers were saved, I'll just leave it as it is since I felt OK with it even after the crash

So Leah said even if you have completed the test yesterday, you can still go ahead and reschedule to take it from the start again?

I just got an email that saying that I DIDN'T have to rewrite even though I didn't finish and didn't write again at 10pm..... :/ did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, I also just go that email. I had done 9/12 scenarios and then it crashed as I was submitting the 10th scenario so I'm not sure if those answers were saved. 

I just got an email that saying that I DIDN'T have to rewrite even though I didn't finish and didn't write again at 10pm..... :/ did this happen to anyone else?

I got this email as well, even after 3 separate customer service agents promised I would have the ability to do a rewrite of a full test on a new day (as I was unable to finish before 7:30PM or rewrite the 10PM test that day). I only finished 6 scenarios and crashed when submitting answers on the 8th (scenario 7 was skipped over - just saw a flash of the text prompt and it forwarded to scenario 8). Pretty down about this now.

I wasn't really paying attention. i know I did atleast 8 and it was at 85% complete...and they said I didn't have to rewrite. I wonder what they're basing this on..

Is it possible that they marked the 2 PM tests early so that they can determine who might need to do a rewrite? Like if someone scored particularly high (or low) they don't need a rewrite because they can easily determine if they'll get an interview, but those who might be borderline have to rewrite to be more certain.

Is it possible that they marked the 2 PM tests early so that they can determine who might need to do a rewrite? Like if someone scored particularly high (or low) they don't need a rewrite because they can easily determine if they'll get an interview, but those who might be borderline have to rewrite to be more certain.

this is very very very unlikely given that the team at Altus can't decide who gets an interview for Mac, Ottawa, and the other programs. 

Received an email saying that they had enough data to generate a score for me...is anyone else going to ask if we can retake? I'm not sure I want to retake (if it's even an option) but the test is worth more than I thought for admissions and so I don't want it to be impacted by the technical difficulties :(

I haven't received an email! My system crashed too... 

When did they send you the email?

I got an email on Monday. Did you email them to report your crash?

Yes I did email them!

When did ur system crash? And were u able to officially submit ur exam?

My system crashed at the end (question 12) but then came back and I was able to submit successfully. So maybe my exam was fine?....

Archived