Premed 101 Forums

Interview Day Schedule?

If you interview in the morning (8 am I believe) you will be done the interview around 10 if I remember correctly, then we will have a short tour organized. So you could plan on being done everything by around noon time to be safe. In the afternoon this means you should be done around 4. 

PM me if needed. 

xcon2run: I have heard that in previous years there have been social events or opportunities for networking before/after the interview. Do you know if this is happening this year?

At the moment we are planning potlucks the night before your interviews, so there will be a potluck on Friday night for people interviewing Saturday and a potluck Saturday night for people interviewing Sunday. At the potlucks there will be approximately 10 med students to answer questions and we may have some sort of a panel.

There will also be tours of the lab, classrooms and lounge after your interviews which take roughly an hour. 

We will also likely be going out Saturday and Sunday nights to have "a few" drinks haha. It's up to you if you want to attend all of these, they are not mandatory. They are also not official yet! We're sending out an e-mail on Monday to all interviewees so stay tuned.

At the moment we are planning potlucks the night before your interviews, so there will be a potluck on Friday night for people interviewing Saturday and a potluck Saturday night for people interviewing Sunday. At the potlucks there will be approximately 10 med students to answer questions and we may have some sort of a panel.

There will also be tours of the lab, classrooms and lounge after your interviews which take roughly an hour. 

We will also likely be going out Saturday and Sunday nights to have "a few" drinks haha. It's up to you if you want to attend all of these, they are not mandatory. They are also not official yet! We're sending out an e-mail on Monday to all interviewees so stay tuned.

Ah Sunday night drinks would definitely hit the spot after the interview. Too bad 2 nights in a hotel is pushing the wallet.

What time would the Saturday pot-luck be? (maybe I should join that fb group after all haha)

Ah Sunday night drinks would definitely hit the spot after the interview. Too bad 2 nights in a hotel is pushing the wallet.

What time would the Saturday pot-luck be? (maybe I should join that fb group after all haha)

There will be discounts on hotels too. If I remember correctly the Atlantica will be $100/night and the Lord Nelson will be $115/night, both with free parking. Details will be in the letter sent out to all interviewees but just say you're interviewing with Dal Med and it should get you the discount. Talk to me if you have any problems.

It looks like the potluck will be from 6-8 in the Tupper Lounge (Med Lounge), but once again, that could change slightly. 

There will be discounts on hotels too. If I remember correctly the Atlantica will be $100/night and the Lord Nelson will be $115/night, both with free parking. Details will be in the letter sent out to all interviewees but just say you're interviewing with Dal Med and it should get you the discount. Talk to me if you have any problems.

It looks like the potluck will be from 6-8 in the Tupper Lounge (Med Lounge), but once again, that could change slightly. 

Awesome thanks for the info, glad I didn't jump the gun on booking alread. Also just did a quick sweep of a bit of your blog, glad Dal was favourable to another epi student, maybe it'll be as lucky for me!

I stayed at the Atlantica last year and can confirm the $100/night but parking was $19/night. Just something to keep in mind. Atlantica is a pretty sweet hotel, highly recommend it.

Hey!  I noticed that they said e-mails would be sent Monday, but I haven't gotten an e-mail?  Just wondering if this is delayed, or if I was missed :S 

The e-mail with other information regarding pre-interview potluck and all that should be out today or tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Archived