Premed 101 Forums

For Those Of You Who Experienced Technical Difficulties Writing The Casper

Make sure to inform uOttawa. This is their first year using the CASPer and they need to know if something like this is happening. The CASPer requires quite a bit of attention and it's not fair that some applicants get a smooth test while others are riddled with server side errors.

What do you honestly expect this to do? Are they going to send you cookies with your invites? All the school gets is a score they can use as they see fit. Not to be that guy but plenty of people have issues in literally every other area of the aplication (canada post anyone lol). If problems meant an answer wasnt saved that part wont be scored, dont worry about it, but you not being able to deal with the stress of the system isnt U of O's problem.

I would like to think the schools already have a plan in place for situations like this where people experience technical difficulties. Even though it's their first time using the CASPer, I'm sure the administrators have way more experience than us and we should trust them to have this handled in a professional and fair manner.

Does anyone know if uOttawa would allow a CASPer rewrite for those who experienced the crash (including myself), I will of course email and ask admissions but jw if anyone else is in the same situation?

I also am unsure if I want to redo it or not, I felt like my first 10 modules were strong - but my last 1-2 could have been better i felt.

Does anyone know if uOttawa would allow a CASPer rewrite for those who experienced the crash (including myself), I will of course email and ask admissions but jw if anyone else is in the same situation?

I also am unsure if I want to redo it or not, I felt like my first 10 modules were strong - but my last 1-2 could have been better i felt.

I am not completely sure, but I think I read on the McMaster thread that the Casper ppl will decide if you need to rewrite a "mini casper". And thay decision will be based on how many sections you were able to complete/submit without problems. Apparently, they do not use all 12 sections in the calculation... so you only need to have a certain # of sections complete in order to generate a score.

But I kind of find that to be unfair. What if my best answers got deleted and I still had enough answers not to rewrite the exam...then my score would be lower than it should be had my answers not been deleted.

What do you honestly expect this to do? Are they going to send you cookies with your invites? All the school gets is a score they can use as they see fit. Not to be that guy but plenty of people have issues in literally every other area of the aplication (canada post anyone lol). If problems meant an answer wasnt saved that part wont be scored, dont worry about it, but you not being able to deal with the stress of the system isnt U of O's problem.

True statement. Yeah, Canada post lost one of my letter of reference lol, then retrieve it... and finally sent it to OMSAS!

Archived