Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites?

0zero0zero

Even when all the candidates who are invited confirm their presence, there are chances for the WL because after the MMI, some candidates get low scores on the interview so they will invite the WL to see if any of them can do better...

It's not just when an invited candidate decline the interview that a WL gets one.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify about the wait listed interviews: last year everyone who I saw wait listed ended up getting an interview with the med-p, and indeed several of us were accepted without being wait listed again.

I don't believe they interview wait listed people later in the cycle because they feel the original cohort interviewed badly. McGill tries to interview as many as their resources allow and sometimes they're interested in you, but just don't have the space within the first round. (It's a pretty large operation to prepare for).

Your chances of getting an interview has nothing to do with the language you requested. French and English interviews are conducted simultaneously. There were also French interviewees in the wait listed cohort who were accepted last year, so don't stress about your language choice.

On the topic of target dates... Isn't it a good thing you got your decisions earlier than expected? Less time to be anxious about it all?

Just to clarify about the wait listed interviews: last year everyone who I saw wait listed ended up getting an interview with the med-p, and indeed several of us were accepted without being wait listed again.

I don't believe they interview wait listed people later in the cycle because they feel the original cohort interviewed badly. McGill tries to interview as many as their resources allow and sometimes they're interested in you, but just don't have the space within the first round. (It's a pretty large operation to prepare for).

Your chances of getting an interview has nothing to do with the language you requested. French and English interviews are conducted simultaneously. There were also French interviewees in the wait listed cohort who were accepted last year, so don't stress about your language choice.

On the topic of target dates... Isn't it a good thing you got your decisions earlier than expected? Less time to be anxious about it all?

Do you know when do they usually contact the wait-listed candidates?

Do you know when do they usually contact the wait-listed candidates?

As tameimpala said, it varies. They'll contact you as soon as space becomes available for the Feb slots, otherwise there might be a wave of invites at some later date. I got an invite a week after the interviews finished, basically just long enough for me to give up hope entirely.

Make sure to check your Minerva or email regularly.

Does anyone know if interviewing on the last day would be a disadvantage in any way? My interview is on the last time slot of Feb 18th but I'm worried by then their expectations are going to be much higher due to having already heard so many good answers by then :S 

Not at al! As soon as you're invited for an interview, your chances are as good as anyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. No I'm on interview waitlist, just trying to get a rough idea when I should be expecting to hear something 

lol

best not to think about the system or try to predict things at this point because you can't. Just go about your life and to check your email once a day (emails get sent around 10PM +/- some amount of minutes).

Archived