Premed 101 Forums

Is Withdrawing From A Course Bad?

I'm in 2nd year undergrad and I didn't do well on my statistics mid term. To prevent a potential B/B+, I'm thinking of dropping the course and taking it in the summer. Does dropping a course have a negative impact on the academic assessment at UWO and UT?

P.S. -this year will not be one of my "two best years" for UWO. 

-this year will not be the "dropped lowest GPA year" for UT (it'll be counted for considered GPA)

If you are currently enrolled in 10 courses (5 full course equivalents) for this academic year (Sept-April), for University of Toronto, if you drop this course, you will no longer be eligible for the weighted GPA calculation for the rest of your undergrad (dropping your worst 6 or 8 courses in any of your years, depending if your 3rd or 4th year). So the question is if you are taking 9 other courses this academic year (Sept-April)? 

Are you sure you're not confusing the wGPA of UT medical school with their dental school? For their dental school you just take the best three years for wGPA (you drop the lowest year, not individual courses). I'm confused what you mean.

And yes I'll be taking 9 courses this school year if I drop this course.

I'm in 2nd year undergrad and I didn't do well on my statistics mid term. To prevent a potential B/B+, I'm thinking of dropping the course and taking it in the summer. Does dropping a course have a negative impact on the academic assessment at UWO and UT?

P.S. -this year will not be one of my "two best years" for UWO. 

-this year will not be the "dropped lowest GPA year" for UT (it'll be counted for considered GPA)

Ahh the all too familiar biostats 2244 :P been there done that

I know for UWO if you take less than 10 courses there's a slight penalty can't remember for UT

Website: https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/future_students/doctor_of_dental_surgery_dds/admission/admission_requirements.html

hope this helps 

Archived