Premed 101 Forums

Interview Chat 2015

Hi fellow Dal Applicants!

Now that the big interview weekend has passed I'm wondering about everyone's experience. I was very happy with how everything went. I found all of the questions really straightforward and fair and I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of interaction and positive feedback I received from the interviewers (except for one who remained stonefaced lol). 

Finally, I really liked the vibe that I received from the current students- I think I could be totally happy at Dal if I gain acceptance.

Anyone else?

I definitely second everything you've written there.  :) The interviewers were lovely, and I was positively surprised by the questions they gave us. They definitely weren't easy, but they were diverse, thought-provoking, and (in my opinion) very appropriate to judge applicants' capabilities and personalities. I definitely came out of there feeling like I'd increased my chances rather than lowered them.

Wishing all of you the best of luck!! It's gonna be a tough 4 months of waiting, but we can do this!  

I had a great experience! It was fun meeting the Dal med students and watching the video they prepared for us. Now I wanna go to Dal so bad! It also helped set me a bit more at ease. The interview questions were very reasonable and nicely diverse. That said, I could have done better on some of the scenarios. However, having done this first MMI, I feel way better prepared for subsequent interviews.

At least three of my interviewers started 'stonefaced' and remained there the entire time...

Four months of waiting! At least other med schools' interview invites will be out in a couple of months to break up the wait.

Good luck to all, especially my OOP peeps! It was an honour even just to be invited to the interview.

Hey everyone,

Really glad you enjoyed the weekend! Everyone here at Dal was super excited to meet you and show you our fantastic school. If you have any questions at all in the future about anything Dal/Hali related just fire me a message. I'm one of the AAMS reps for the Halifax campus. 

I know I probably don't have to say it, but the specific interview questions are confidential and should not be discussed on this forum or elsewhere. Just a word of caution! You're all fantastic people and would never do such a thing of course ;)

C. 

I had a great experience! It was fun meeting the Dal med students and watching the video they prepared for us. Now I wanna go to Dal so bad! It also helped set me a bit more at ease. The interview questions were very reasonable and nicely diverse. That said, I could have done better on some of the scenarios. However, having done this first MMI, I feel way better prepared for subsequent interviews.

At least three of my interviewers started 'stonefaced' and remained there the entire time...

Four months of waiting! At least other med schools' interview invites will be out in a couple of months to break up the wait.

Good luck to all, especially my OOP peeps! It was an honour even just to be invited to the interview.

I feel the same! The interview experience really "sold" Dal for me! I also feel way better prepared for any other MMI invite that I may be lucky enough to receive. This was a great introduction and definitely increased my confidence in tackling this type of interview. :)

• 1 month later...

I honestly had a blast; it felt like Christmas morning to me. All I could think of while I was waiting to start was "IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!". I was definitely challenged at some of the stations, several of them required me to speak about some topics that were very uncomfortable on a personal level, but I feel like I grew as a professional during just those 2 hours. 

Archived