University Of British Columbia 2016 Applicants - Class Of 2020

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my acceptance letter!!!!!! Omg. I have never felt so tired yet so excited

Based on past years wait listed people tend to be admitted so i would take your advice with a grain of salt. Literally every other pharmacy school still has to extend out offers. In my point of view,

I had accepted my offer and will now be declining it so another spot will open up 

Congrats to all of you that got accepted! For those who got accepted this year, mind sharing your GPA and ECs? :)

my average was in the high 70s 

EC : -volunteer/shadowed in retail pharmacy

-worked in optometry clinic

-doing research in biology & psychology lab

idk if that helps...

.... I still haven't heard anything from pharmacy.... Anyone in the same situation? Are we on the waiting list? or are they just taking a little bit more time? I know that some already got their rejection/admission letters.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm going to call up tomorrow afternoon if they haven't sent out anything by then and see what's up.

Can anyone tell me who sent out the admission offers/rejections this year? Was it Carol?

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm going to call up tomorrow afternoon if they haven't sent out anything by then and see what's up.

Can anyone tell me who sent out the admission offers/rejections this year? Was it Carol?

Good idea! Could you please let us know what is going on after calling them tomorrow? :(

Good idea! Could you please let us know what is going on after calling them tomorrow? :(

They are grouping them in batches according to year level/senority hence everyone with a degree(or fourth year) got theirs on wednesday and only people with a degree got rejected according to messages from other applicants and my friends inpharmacy that got in last year. The batches are 5-6 days apart or basically next wednesday is when the second batch of acceptances and rejections go out

They are grouping them in batches according to year level/senority hence everyone with a degree(or fourth year) got theirs on wednesday and only people with a degree got rejected according to messages from other applicants and my friends inpharmacy that got in last year. The batches are 5-6 days apart or basically next wednesday is when the second batch of acceptances and rejections go out

That makes sense. I kinda just put whatever year for mine, guy on the phone when I called a few months ago said it didn't matter and they'd figure it out based on transcript (I'm between years). Knew I shoulda gone with 4th year lol

... what

I have a degree and I haven't heard back from them yet.

I don't think that's quite right, because I've only just finished my 3rd year and I heard back from them on Wednesday, as did a friend of mine.

I don't think that's quite right, because I've only just finished my 3rd year and I heard back from them on Wednesday, as did a friend of mine.

Who was it that sent out the emails btw? Was it Carol? 

I'm going to call them up now so need to know who to call xD

Who was it that sent out the emails btw? Was it Carol? 

I'm going to call them up now so need to know who to call xD

There wasn't any name at the bottom of the email! It was just from the "Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences" 

eta; it did say to contact Jennifer Chatterton to decline your admission offer, so she might be the right one to get in touch with? I'm not positive though :P 

I just finished third year and a friend of mine finished 2nd, and one just finishing her degree. We heard back on Wednesday

Okay Carol got back to me just now.

They've sent out the majority of the replies to people and are waiting for them to accept or decline (so hurry hurry people ;)).

She didn't want to give me a firm date by when they'd send out the next round of offers, but she said it'll be in June. She said the rest of the acceptances/rejections/waitlist emails will be out by then.

And no they're not prioritizing by degree/year standing. It's just based on the quality of your application/interview.

Okay Carol got back to me just now.

They've sent out the majority of the replies to people and are waiting for them to accept or decline (so hurry hurry people ;)).

She didn't want to give me a firm date by when they'd send out the next round of offers, but she said it'll be in June. She said the rest of the acceptances/rejections/waitlist emails will be out by then.

And no they're not prioritizing by degree/year standing. It's just based on the quality of your application/interview.

If the people on Wednesday were contacted based only on their interview because they were the best then the people that got rejection emails on the same day had the lowest MMI score? Why send rejection emails out at the same time?So is everyone that was not contacted basically on hold because we ended up being average on the MMI until someone from the first batch rejects their admission offer?

Also did anyone ask pharmacy how many people reject their offer, on average, every year?

I have so many questions now -___-

If the people on Wednesday were contacted based only on their interview because they were the best then the people that got rejection emails on the same day had the lowest MMI score? Why send rejection emails out at the same time?So is everyone that was not contacted basically on hold because we ended up being average on the MMI until someone from the first batch rejects their admission offer?

Also did anyone ask pharmacy how many people reject their offer, on average, every year?

I have so many questions now -___-

Interview + personal profile I'm guessing.

I think the people that were rejected were probably disqualified due to missing transcripts/GPA being below the required amount for last 30 credits/really really low MMI scores or something along those lines.

Either way, we're not going to hear back until June.

If you have questions, might as well call Carol.

Let us know what she says if you decide to call her.

For first year chemistry pre reqs, ubc requires CHEM 121 & 123 or CHEM 111 & 113

at SFU, I had to take Chem 111 (since I didn't take Chemistry 12 in high school) in order to take chem 121 and 123.

Would all 3 courses be averaged, or how would that be looked at?

Chem 111 was with a lab, same with chem 121.

For first year chemistry pre reqs, ubc requires CHEM 121 & 123 or CHEM 111 & 113

at SFU, I had to take Chem 111 (since I didn't take Chemistry 12 in high school) in order to take chem 121 and 123.

You actually need CHEM 121, 122, 126 to meet the first year requirements for chemistry. 

CHEM 111 will only be looked at if at the time you apply, it is within the recent 30 credits... which is not likely.

Admission Requirements

1. Have to meet a minimum overall average of 65% on first year prerequisites (biology, chemistry, calculus, and english courses). Have to meet a minimum overall average of 65% on the most recent 30 credits.

• Two semesters of first year of chemistry: CHEM 121, CHEM 122 and CHEM 126

• Two semesters of first year of biology: BISC 101, BISC 102

• Two semesters of first year of calculus: any two of MATH 154, MATH 155

• Two semesters of first year of english: any two of ENGL101 -105W, ENGL 199W

• One semester of second year cell biology or genetics. any one or both of BISC 202 or MBB 231 (It’s recommended to take both. UBC students are required to take both for admission)

• Two semesters of second year organic chemistry. CHEM 281 (this course satisfies two semesters)

• One semester of second year microbiology. BISC 303

• One semester of statistics: STAT 101 or STAT 201

• One semester of introductory second-year biochemistry: MBB 222

• Two semesters of transferable humanities or social science: some transferrable courses are ECON 102, FNST 101, HIST 101, HIST 102, HIST 208, HIST 209W, HIST 212, HIST 213, LING 220, POL 241, PSYC 100, PSYC 102, SA 101 etc

Note: CHEM 281 is required to take MBB 231. MBB 231 is required to take BISC 303.

1. Two reference letters

2. Interview

These are all the courses that SFU students are required to take in order to fulfil the pre-reqs