Premed 101 Forums

University Of British Columbia 2016 Applicants - Class Of 2020

bcftw123

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked my recent UBC email and it says "At the end of May/early June, we will be extending our first round of admission offers."

I guess we will find out after the long weekend 

where'd you get that email? haven't got anything like that on the SSC or on hotmail 

edit: are you talking about the one they sent out a few days after interviews? that one says that as well

yea yea same one i was looking at 

that doesn't sound right honestly. last few years have all been around this time and the people there said 2 weeks, not 4 lol

Yeah it's kinda lame if we have to wait that long :/

But at this point, I think we're going to have to at least wait the long weekend T_T

Looking to apply next year.

When UBC looks at last "30 credits"

Do those 30 credits have to be prerequisite courses, such as second year science courses or they look at all previous 30 credits worth of courses taken regardless of whether they are prereqs or not.

My first year pre req gpa was roughly around 3.1 for me, and currently have a 3.7 in my last 30 credits. Would I still have a shot?

Looking to apply next year.

When UBC looks at last "30 credits"

Do those 30 credits have to be prerequisite courses, such as second year science courses or they look at all previous 30 credits worth of courses taken regardless of whether they are prereqs or not.

My first year pre req gpa was roughly around 3.1 for me, and currently have a 3.7 in my last 30 credits. Would I still have a shot?

They look at two separate GPAs: your prerequisite courses listed on their website, as well as your last 30 credits. So the last 30 credits can be pretty much anything.

I'm guessing a 3.1 is a B and 3.7 is an A- or something along those lines. UBC doesn't really seem to publish any statistics on the average GPA for an interview in past years or anything like that, but you should definitely try applying. 

My life has degraded to the point where all I do is check this forum, the studentdoctor forum (not as chill as this one btw..), my email, UBC SSC, UBC pharmacy blog, ect. Each day is excruciating when I see the time go from 9am-5pm and there's nothing.

All quiet on the pharmacy front :/

My life has degraded to the point where all I do is check this forum, the studentdoctor forum (not as chill as this one btw..), my email, UBC SSC, UBC pharmacy blog, ect. Each day is excruciating when I see the time go from 9am-5pm and there's nothing.

All quiet on the pharmacy front :/

I think it'll be by the end of the week- and yeah Im checking and rechecking SDN, this forum, my SSC and my email a ridiculous amount of times.

I think I remember a lady saying that we would hear by May 30th, and possibly sooner, before we headed to our floor to start the MMI, but I was so nervous that I can't remember if she said actually said that or not. Anyone else remember hearing a date? this waiting game is no fun :blink:

I think I remember a lady saying that we would hear by May 30th, and possibly sooner, before we headed to our floor to start the MMI, but I was so nervous that I can't remember if she said actually said that or not. Anyone else remember hearing a date? this waiting game is no fun :blink:

i don't remember that. they told us 2 weeks, but we all knew that was way too early

Archived