Premed 101 Forums

follow up to deposit?

Guest rookiemeds

Guest rookiemeds

Hey guys,

I sent in the deposit, etc, a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Have the rest of you received any kind of follow up?

Guest caperchic

I hadn't received any follow up either (I was accepted April 1st and paid the deposit the same day). I called Tracy mid-May to enquire about scholarships, bursaries, etc. and she said we would be getting an email within a few weeks regarding that stuff. Anyone else know when our next contact will be??

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey guys

I can't remember when I got the next email, but Im pretty sure the orientation week package goes out in the beginning of july. You should also be able to access medix soon.

www.med.dal.ca/medix

try using the first letter of your first name and your last name. (so caper chic would be cchic). the password will be your student ID number. If you don't have that you could probably call the registrars office to get it.

Just relax and enjoy your summer.

CC

Ps. I just wrote my last 1st year exam.. YEHAWW!

Guest Cowboy Mouse

after reading the last post, i tried to set up my account, but heard back from somebody named Stephen Morley (probably an IT guy) that the Class of 2008 won't be created for some time (early July maybe?).

congrats on finishing, CC, does that make you a Meds II now?

CM

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey

Yeah Stephen Morley is one of the IT guys.

I thought about that and I think I am only going to call myself a med 1.5

:)

CC

Guest Cowboy Mouse

I was readings posts from a year ago, and it seems that a good indication of when the O-week packages are to be sent is the status of the Buddy Letters...

any of you med 1.5 people participating in this? when are your buddy letters due?

lucky Class of 2006, got their packages in May!

CM

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey CM,

Our O-week coordinators wanted the buddy letters by may 28th, which means that they will probably be all in by now. I know the coordinators said that the packages will go out in early july.

On another note, me and a classmate are working very hard to get the o-week website up and running. That will be a good source of information. I will post here when it is up. By the way, class of 2008 has a very cool logo..:) You'll see.:)

CC

Guest dmmd

Hi everyone -

I received a "welcome" email from Sharon today. It said we will probably be able to access Medix next week. Can't wait to meet you all!:)

Archived