Premed 101 Forums

Revival

Guest ryguy

Guest ryguy

Just trying to stir up posts here.

With the exception of waitlists here and at other schools, those multiple offer people (lucky %$), most people should know if they will spend the majority of their time next year in Tupper. (no letter for me yet though)

So who's in - and when are you showing up?

Guest Nops

RyGuy,

I haven't decided yet which rejection I'll chose, so I don't know yet which school I won't be attending. With so many rejections to chose from, I'm having a hard time deciding!

Maybe I'll visit Tupper next year for a tour/interview. Can I stay at your place?

Still waiting for that last rejection, but I don't think it's gonna come. Queen's has put me on the waitlist, those b@$t@rds.

You know you waaaannnnttt it.

Hey RealBeef, dantheman, and anyone else still waiting: you'll hear in the next two weeks, I can feel it!

Ciao guys, see ya next year!

Bil :evil

Guest DonaldKaufman

I'm still waiting to hear from Queens (I just remembered I used my parent's address for OMSAS, which might explain why my mailbox has been empty), but I've paid my $200 deposit at Dal, found an apartment in Halifax, and have told my HRM relatives that I will be living in Halifax next year, so I would say I'm in. Unless I can land that Director of the CIA job that just opened up.

As for when I'm showing up....I guess I'm showing up whenever they tell me to show up. I don't think I'm going to be fashionably late. When is it that we will probably being showing up? The last Monday in August, I think?

Bil, you should just reject one of those rejections. Just tell them that you are sorry, but their rejection just isn't going to cut it. Sort of like George Costanza's girlfriend, the one who wouldn't let George break-up with her. Start it off with something like "As you know, the number of rejections I can receive is limited, and each year I receive more highly-qualified rejections than I can possibly accept. Thus, I regret to inform you that I cannot possibly offer your rejection a place in my file cabinet for the upcoming 2004-05 school year. Thus, I reject your rejection, and will be a member of your incoming class this September." I considered doing that last year, but I figured it might compromise my chances of any subsequent acceptances.

-DK

Guest Nops

:rollin

DK,

I'm laughing out loud. When and if I get desperate, I'll try it. You never know, someone in the admissions office may have a sense of humour! That couldn't hurt for next year, could it?

To tell you the truth, I jump on things like that too quickly, and it may have come back to haunt me. At the end of my Dal interview, Dr Dan asked me if I had any questions and I asked him if Dal's low requirements (cf. Ontario schools) affected the quality of the incoming class. He didn't look too amused.

Me and my big mouth. More guts than common sense. :\

Oh, well. I'm still me!

Guest Nops

BTW, DK,

Why don't you give Anne Cumpsen a call at Queen's? They are happy to answer you, if you really want to know. Having an acceptance in hand already makes the wait easier, I'm sure, but still . . . .

Guest dantheman30

Ahhhh yes the waiting continues...well the frustration of this year long process is being dragged out into June/July. Still yet to hear from Dalhousie, so im probablly gonna be waitlisted or rejected there. So im hanging on by the skin of my teeth...

Dan

Guest DonaldKaufman

Bil,

Yeah, I considered calling. I just figured that I might as well wait for the letter to get here. It's probably not going to really make a difference in my situation anyway. I was in your boat last year - not accepted by Dal, waitlisted at Queen's - and I called Ms. Cumpsen.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd bet that I'm waitlisted at Queen's again this year.

Has anyone else found a place to live in Halifax for Sept., or am I the only super-keen, overly prepared person around here?

-DK

Guest wannabe

DK, that was the funniest post in a long time.

I've already found an apartment near Dal but I was only coming from Dartmouth so that wasn't very difficult. I will also show up when they tell me to show up but now it'll only take me 12 mins to walk there.

-W

Guest rookiemeds

I'll be making the trek Down East come August. No apartment yet though... I should probably get on that.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Guest DonaldKaufman

Wannabe, it's good to see that there will be a fellow Darksider in the class.

Have you guys (or girls) looked into a First Aid course yet? Immunizations? I understand that we're going to be given more info about all of this stuff, but I only have a handful of weekends left before I leave for the summer, and a lot of them are already filled with VERY important stuff (moving, going to friend's cottages, a golf/drinking tourney), so I'm trying to stay on top of things.

As an aside, I was waitlisted at Queen's, so it's Dal for me! So Bil, if I happen to be ahead of you on the waitlist at Queen's, it just got a little bit shorter. Good luck enduring the wait.

-DK

Guest Nops

Hey DK,

Thanks for the spot. You never know, maybe it'll be THE ONE. Happy to say that more than half of the people accepted to Queen's who have posted are going elsewhere. Suits me fine, it does.

I'll buy you a beer if I'm in town sometime. I got a VIP pass to the Pogue Fado, but I've never seen it!

Maybe during interviews next year :x (Where's the little crying smiley face I really need?!

Archived