Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites & Regrets (2015/2016 App. Cycle)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They changed they way they scored the AQ and NAQ by standardizing the scores against applicants. They were a bit disorganized and didn't really look like they had their shit together

I have no memory of that, and that was my cycle.  Maybe cause I had already been accepted elsewhere and was drugged out from my wisdom teeth surgery, haha. 

I remember last year day 3 was invites only to those who met the early deadline. Hopefully thats the case this year as well...

"As a reminder, applicants who met the early deadline and who are invited to interview will receive their interview invitations a day before other interview-granted applicants."

Yep. Regular deadline will likely hear tomorrow.

"As a reminder, applicants who met the early deadline and who are invited to interview will receive their interview invitations a day before other interview-granted applicants."

Yep. Regular deadline will likely hear tomorrow.

Correct.

Hopefully they have sent all the rejections by now...

"We have been impressed by the outstanding academic and non-academic achievements of our applicants this year and are sorry we cannot extend interview invitations to more of you."

http://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/2015/12/07/pre-interview-scoring-and-faqs-20152016/

Is it just me or does this sound like they've already sent out the invitations? Maybe I'm just over analyzing the UBC words.

"We have been impressed by the outstanding academic and non-academic achievements of our applicants this year and are sorry we cannot extend interview invitations to more of you."

http://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/2015/12/07/pre-interview-scoring-and-faqs-20152016/

Is it just me or does this sound like they've already sent out the invitations? Maybe I'm just over analyzing the UBC words.

You are overinterpreting it. :)

To all rejected applicants:

Double check your GPA!  Yesterday, I had UBC correct the mistake they made in calculating my GPA. It did not make a difference for me in terms of getting an interview invite, but for those of you who got rejected by a point or two, this could make a difference!

To all rejected applicants:

Double check your GPA!  Yesterday, I had UBC correct the mistake they made in calculating my GPA. It did not make a difference for me in terms of getting an interview invite, but for those of you who got rejected by a point or two, this could make a difference!

Did UBC contact you or did you have to contact them?

Archived