Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites & Regrets (2015/2016 App. Cycle)

TIME STAMP: 7:10 PM EST

Interview Invite: Regrets, No Interview

Early/Regular Deadline: Regular

Interview Date: won't be 2016

GPA: 78.8

AGPA (if applicable): ~80

MCAT: 29

ECs: sports, arts, coaching sports and emergency services (1000+ hrs) over no less than 2 years. Longest of 10. Multiple jobs throughout undergrad

Geography: IP

NAQ (if applicable): low 20s (kinda confused me)

AQ (if applicable): 17 and change

Got manhandled on that NAQ...that hurts

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIME STAMP: 3:46 PM
Interview Invite: Regret
GPA: 82.25
AGPA (if applicable): 85.07
MCAT: above cutoff
ECs: Had about 15 things filled out, travelling, volunteering at a clinic for a few weeks, big brother for 2 years, language tutor for a year, 4 months of research, have my own computer business. 
Year: UG
NAQ (if applicable): 27.49
AQ (if applicable): 23.96

TFR: 51.45

Holy shit. I was not expecting to get so close. I had no idea my measly ECs were worth 27.49. I was honestly expecting a 15. I have mixed emotions right now, on one hand I got so close to getting an invite and on the other hand I'm way better off than I thought. 

I guess I don't need to go to Poland lol 

TIME STAMP: 7:10 PM EST

Interview Invite: Regrets, No Interview

Interview Date: won't be 2016

GPA: 78.8

AGPA (if applicable): ~80

MCAT: 29

ECs: sports, arts, coaching sports and emergency services (1000+ hrs) over no less than 2 years. Longest of 10. Multiple jobs throughout undergrad

NAQ (if applicable): low 20s (kinda confused me)

AQ (if applicable): 17 and change

Got manhandled on that NAQ...that hurts

Sir. The time stamp is the time you got the email.

Not the time you wrote this post. Can you confirm on that?

THANK GOODNESS IT'S 4:30...

To everyone who received regrets, I know how it feels! I'm sure you are all amazing, accomplished individuals and I hope you apply again next year (and I wish you all good luck with any other applications you are waiting on this year). To everyone else, GOOD LUCK and I hope we hear some good news.

TIME STAMP: 15:47

Interview Invite: Regret
Interview Date:
GPA: 
AGPA (if applicable): 80.9
MCAT: 508
ECs: Paramedic for 7+ years, multiple long term volunteer positions, Club Exec, travel, musician.
Year: Graduated BSc
NAQ (if applicable): 34.29
AQ (if applicable): 17.37

TFR - 51.66

Feels pointless to keep reapplying when your AQ score is low, and not going to change. I mean obviously every year your AQ will go down if you're GPA doesn't change?

Sorry for the negativity lol... Feeling very low about this whole ordeal

NAQ can be built and improved upon, I know its tough when you have an unchangable AQ, but that just means you need to keep dedicating time to NAQ. Good luck!

Kind of hard to do when you're a grad student in Ontario.

Do you have any immediate family in BC?Is there a possibility to move back to BC for a few months to get your health card back? if you were to do this, it is technically self-reported for transfering, so you could keep your BC card and use that in the event you need to seek health care>

I could be very wrong on this - just going off of a peers experience.

Do you have any immediate family in BC?Is there a possibility to move back to BC for a few months to get your health card back? if you were to do this, it is technically self-reported for transfering, so you could keep your BC card and use that in the event you need to seek health care>

I could be very wrong on this - just going off of a peers experience.

Yes, of course I have family in BC - in fact, all of my immediate family is in BC. Like I said, born and raised. The biggest problem for me is that I'm 30 and I have my own family (plus I am a full-time graduate student at SickKids so good luck with getting time off), so I can't just leave for three months to go back to BC for a few months and get a BC care card. The last province I lived in where I worked as a married adult was Alberta so that's where my health care is from. I am kicking myself over not getting BC health care when I was there from 2011-2013 (as a full time student), but when I left BC in 2013 the residency requirement was still completing high school, which I fulfilled. I am a huge fan of how the UofC handles residency, and it is too bad that UBC moved away from this model but I respect that they have to draw the line somewhere.

Yes, of course I have family in BC - in fact, all of my immediate family is in BC. Like I said, born and raised. The biggest problem for me is that I'm 30 and I have my own family (plus I am a full-time graduate student at SickKids so good luck with getting time off), so I can't just leave for three months to go back to BC for a few months and get a BC care card. The last province I lived in where I worked as a married adult was Alberta so that's where my health care is from. I am kicking myself over not getting BC health care when I was there from 2011-2013 (as a full time student), but when I left BC in 2013 the residency requirement was still completing high school, which I fulfilled. I am a huge fan of how the UofC handles residency, and it is too bad that UBC moved away from this model but I respect that they have to draw the line somewhere.

That is really rough. 

I am sending you a PM

Archived