Premed 101 Forums

Any advice for plans B,C, D, etc

Guest Carpedium

Guest Carpedium

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or unique ideas on what a person should pursue if medicine has not worked out for them. Personally I've applied twice already and I am waiting for a letter ,any week now, for this years application, and I'm not getting my hopes up! I've thought about doing a Master and have actually been accepted to a few programs, but I':\ m still hesitant to go b/c my current position as a research assitant does not suit my personality nor my career interest. I know that medicine is a dream of mine, but it's just not becoming a reality.......any advice?? :\

Guest PaniDoktor

Carpe Diem.

SEIZE THE DAY

TIS ONLY IN THEIR DREAMS THAT MEN TRULY BE FREE,

'TWAS ALWAYS THUS, AND ALWAYS THUS WILL BE.

Not trying to be cheesy here, but I would not give up on your dreams just yet ... . If you know that research is not for you, then I wouldn't head in that direction. Though I know that rejection hurts, try not to get discouraged and take the risk. If that still doesn't work, maybe think of an alternate career in health care such as paramedics or nursing. But don't settle for something you already know you won't enjoy.

Reading through these forums you'll find some extraordinary stories of people who perservered and eventually got in. Perhaps they'll be the best doctors amongst us, since they were so determined and dedicated. I wish you the BEST of luck.

Guest Carpedium

Thank you.....and you did not sound cheesy!! Inspiring would be a better word for it! I think that you have the right idea.....I've always thought of paramedics or nursing....etc, but I was always hoping that I would eventually get in and not have to go that route. I have a few more weeks of waiting before I find out......so I will keep you updated on what path I choose to take.....Thanks again PaniDoktor.......

AC

Archived