Premed 101 Forums

I'm in!!!

Guest wannabe

Guest wannabe

Hey guys,

I got my acceptance letter from Dal yesterday. It's been 24 hours now and I'm still in shock. I don't have any words to express how I'm feeling right now. I've wanted this for so long and I was rejected last year and now accepted this year. I'm really looking forward to meeting every one and I hope that those of you who are still waiting will hear soon.

I guess I can change my nickname from wannabe (a doctor) to gonnabe.

Guest wannabe

Hey guys, I wanted to say thanks for all your words of congratulations. It is still sinking in and I think it'll be a while before I get used to the idea that I'm going to med school in the fall.

I have an easy question for those of you already in. Do you ever use any of your notes from your undergrad? I ask because I'm moving and thinking about throwing away all of my undergrad notes but I don't want to if I may need them.

Guest Ian Wong

You'll get all the notes and more that you need during med school. Feel free to toss most anything from undergrad (textbooks, notes, etc), and know that you'll have abundant resources available during med school. Too abundant, at times! :) If you have a general physiology book, hang onto it. The thing is that med school biochem is nothing like undergrad biochem, med school micro is nothing like undergrad micro, etc.

Med school is going to teach you a targeted set of information designed to turn you into a clinician. Even if you have some old neurobiology notes from a bio class you took, that's absolutely no guarantee that you'll see any of it during med school. Far better to rely on the syllabi you get during med school lectures, and the topics you cover during your small-group sessions to tell you what you really need to know.

Ian

Archived