Premed 101 Forums

Stopping in at Admissions Office?

Guest Elaine I

Guest Elaine I

Is Dal receptive to people stopping in at the Admissions Office? I have sent Dal three separate e-mails at various times through the year, attempting to get further clarification on some of the admissions policies. However, I have not heard back.

I will be in Halifax at the end of May for 2 days (for my graduation from a Dal diploma program), and was wondering if it would be appropriate to drop into the office. Would it be better to make an appointment? If so, who would you suggest I call?

Thanks for your advice and help,

Elaine

Guest caperchic

I think if you have lots of questions you should make an appointment, that way you don't feel rushed and time can be given to answering your questions. I've stopped into the office once or twice with quick questions but, for a more in depth discussion, I've made an appt. and talked with Dr. Hughes. On all those occassions, everyone was very friendly.

Also, I did notice on the Dal website yesterday a posting for a temporary secretary for the Dal Med Admissions office. So, making an appt. may be best just in case the person in the office at the time of your drop-in is the temp.

Archived