Premed 101 Forums

Cutoff: GPA or %?

Guest byjude

Guest byjude

I know that the admissions webpage only lists the cutoffs in GPA format, but the Calendar lists alternate ways to meet the cutoff (eg, for OOPs, it's an A- or 80% or GPA of 3.70). Aside from information provided on this forum, I haven't been able to find the GPA conversion scale on Dal's webpage.

Does this mean that as long as you meet one of those criteria (ie, based on the evaluation scale used by your university, if percentage or letter grades are awarded), you have met the cutoff? Or do you have to explicitly meet the GPA cutoff, even if you meet the percentage or letter cutoff? (I ask, because, as my grades have shown, it is possible to have an 82% average one year and only have a 3.69).

I apologize for dwelling on this when the rest of you are awaiting much more substantial news, but this would really help me decide whether to apply to Dal next year.

Guest Nops

I haven't seen any conversion chart or anything, but you should know that Dal uses a 4.30 scale for grades, so depending on what you are basing your GPA on (4.0?), a 3.69 should be all right.

To be more definitive, you'd have to talk directly to the staff in the Admin Office. I'm sure Tracy Teed could help you by email in that regard.

B :evil

Archived