Premed 101 Forums

For OMSAS and AMCASS, how does the uploading process for letters of recommendation work? Do references upload one letter for all of the schools to see, or do they upload a separate letter for each school?

I ask because this year I am planing to apply to a large number of med schools (almost 20) through both OMSAS and AMCAS and will soon be asking for letters of recommendation. Should I tell my references to include the name of the med school in the letter? For example: "I am writing this letter to support (insert my name here) in applying to (insert med school name here)." Is including the name of the med school in the letter something that referees typically do, or do they just leave it generic and use the exact same letter for every school? 

Please include an answer for both OMSAS and AMCAS 

For OMSAS and AMCASS, how does the uploading process for letters of recommendation work? Do references upload one letter for all of the schools to see, or do they upload a separate letter for each school?

I ask because this year I am planing to apply to a large number of med schools (almost 20) through both OMSAS and AMCAS and will soon be asking for letters of recommendation. Should I tell my references to include the name of the med school in the letter? For example: "I am writing this letter to support (insert my name here) in applying to (insert med school name here)." Is including the name of the med school in the letter something that referees typically do, or do they just leave it generic and use the exact same letter for every school? 

Please include an answer for both OMSAS and AMCAS 

Same letter for every school. That would be way to cumbersome.

Archived