Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist News/Info???

Guest Magnolia

Guest Magnolia

Does anyone know ANYTHING on Dal's waitlist????...Does Dal ever close it's class (like the Ontario schools)...should I just give up hope???

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey

I have heard of several stories of people getting called the day before class starts and being offered admission off of the waitlist.

I don't know if they actually officially close the waitlist,

(ie. send a letter), but you can probably assume if you haven't heard anything by the end of august that the waitlist is 'closed'.

On another note, I noticed that the class numbers dropped today from 100 to 89. Anyone have any ideas as to the significance of that?

CC

Guest waitinginhali

HI Magnolia,

I am also on the dal's waiting list for maritime students and I recently received a letter from them telling me my position on the waiting list. I think this is the first year they do this and I think it is extremely helpful! I live like next door to the school and I got the letter last week so you will probably be getting one shortly! There are 15 people on the list and last year they took 5 off.....

Hang in there:D

waitinginhali

Guest DALstudent

Hey Magnolia and waitinginhali

I was wondering if you've heard anything about the waitlist moving. I'm a couple of spots above the number of people accepted last year off the wait list so my optimism is certainly waning at the moment (especially since DAL's waitlist came out so late - people have probably already made up their minds).

Anyways, hopefully one of us will make it and hopefully none of us will be that person who was one spot away.

(Former)DALstudent

Guest Magnolia

Hi DALstudent,

I haven't heard anything about the list moving..I'm in Quebec right now, so basically my main source of info is this forum. I'm also a but worried about the list moving because of what someone said about there being an unusually high number of deferrals from last year...hopefully that won't keep the waitlist from moving (with fewer new people being accepted this year). Good luck...i'll let you know if I happen to find anything out

Guest waitinginhali

Hey Waitlisters!

I haven't heard about any movement on the list:\ and I am also thinking that most people have already made up their minds about where they are going. I actually just got accepted (off the waitlist) at Memorial:rollin

I am still hoping for Dal though, but my position doesn't garantee an acceptance.....

waitinginhali

Congrats waitinginhali on your acceptance to memorial, although I'm still waiting to hear about your acceptance to Dal!

haven't been on the boards much lately...drove across the country and have been relaxing in NB...but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

cheers

Guest waitinginhali

Hey NBer,

I was wondering where you were! Thanks for the congradulations and the crossed fingers:b I am hoping Dal comes through but I will be just as happy to go to MUN. I can't beleive you drove from BC! That's great! Enjoy your time at home. I'll keep you posted.

waitinginhali

Archived