Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2016

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blog comment today: last day for applicants to receive notifications of invitation to interview will be April 8th. Refusal letters sent on a rolling basis until then.

edit: not particularly useful.. sigh. i guess more waiting for me.

UGH.

From the blog:

Thank you very much for your reply. We’ve noticed that invites and rejections tend to go out in big waves. Can you comment on whether we should be expecting a wave of invites within the next few business days? Have most invites for April gone out at this time? Thanks again!

Hi, As already mentioned, our interview invitations go out on a rolling basis. Applicants may be invited to interview at any time between now and April 8th. At this time we are still in the process of scheduling.

Edit: bolded the hopeful part

Probably unreasonable for Toronto to send interview notifications on a Tuesday that's less than two weeks away from the interview date. Barring a late cancellation, I think (especially out of province students like me) should expect a rejection email coming in a few days.

Probably unreasonable for Toronto to send interview notifications on a Tuesday that's less than two weeks away from the interview date. Barring a late cancellation, I think (especially out of province students like me) should expect a rejection email coming in a few days.

I know someone that received an invite 2 days before the interview from a cancellation and got in.. so you never know :)

I'm predicting a wave of final decisions tomorrow

*sigh* i was really hoping. I'm trying to plan a trip that same weekend if I don't get an invite.. but it's getting tougher to plan it

Hopefully most of us hear back by the end of this week. I'm guessing they might do that and hold a small number of applications for cancelations next week.

Hopefully most of us hear back by the end of this week. I'm guessing they might do that and hold a small number of applications for cancelations next week.

Agreed - I did try and call and was told to "check back tomorrow again".. not sure what that really means.

I remember a couple years back I still didn't hear back right up until the Friday before the final interview (the last interview was literally the next day). What made it confusing was that on the Friday, they sent a message on their Facebook group telling everyone that all the rejections had been sent out and all the interview spots had been filled. 

It was only until the Monday (day after the last interview), that I called the office and asked what was up? The interview already happened and they notified everyone that all the rejections were sent out. She said that I was held in a small reserve group just in case someone bailed last minute and that I was in fact now rejected. I said thanks, hung up the phone and received an email 5 minutes later notifying me that I was rejected.

My guess would be that they still have spots left, probably very few. And that most of us are already in the rejected batch waiting to be notified, a few will be lucky enough to get an interview last minute, and a handful will probably be dragged out to the very end like I was a couple years back.

Archived