Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Discussion 2016

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm okay, I need help. Has anyone gotten an invite and a rejection from Queen's? I just checked my  email and I have an interview invite (at 3:39) and rejection (4:03). Think they have a glitch in their system! Maybe they accidentally sent out an invite and later recognized they made a mistake?

Happened to me right now. Got an interview invitation, then a rejection 20 mins later. I've been trying to confirm, but no reply. 

I'm sure its a mistake though since there is no way I could have gotten an interview with my MCAT and it would be unfair for me to get one seeing these stellar applicants with great profiles get rejected.

Well I am pretty sure they made a mistake with the invite email because my stats are pretty poor. Just out of curiosity bellejolie, did that friend of yours end up getting an invite?

yes they did! i think they emailed back and forth with them for a while. they had pretty good stats though (not to say you don't) but i think they received med school invites at every school they applied to. they got an invite, then rejection then invite from queen's...something like that. it got sorted out in the end.

This looks like a pretty bad launch for Queen's; they're having a ton of issues... People finding their e-mails in junk folders, people receiving invites and rejections and all of this is happening at the end of the work day so is there even any one at the office to talk to? Do they even want to answer the phone if they're having these issues?

Holding out hope for more invites to be sent out since it looks like only a handful of people posted on here about their invites, usually it's a flood of people.

TIME STAMP: 4:07

Result: Reject 

wGPA: 3.83

MCAT: 519 - 130/130/129/130

ECs: Just adequate I think.

Year: Fourth year UG.

Well it was worth a shot and I considered in somewhat of a wild card. I guess my ECs weren't enough? Or does Queen's heavily favour higher GPAs than I have?

I have an MCAT slightly lower than yours (518) but a 3.97 wGPA and was rejected soo...I guess it comes down to EC's?

In the other thread there are a couple of people who have received both invites and rejections. I haven't gotten anything.

This is totally reckless and insensitive. It seems like every year or so Queen's has issues like this yet none of the other schools have these issues. I tried calling their phone line but it goes straight to voicemail and they don't even return long distance calls. I have a feeling they've just left for the weekend. This is just mean :(. Okay rant over. Lol.

This looks like a pretty bad launch for Queen's; they're having a ton of issues... People finding their e-mails in junk folders, people receiving invites and rejections and all of this is happening at the end of the work day so is there even any one at the office to talk to? Do they even want to answer the phone if they're having these issues?

Holding out hope for more invites to be sent out since it looks like only a handful of people posted on here about their invites, usually it's a flood of people.

Heard there was issues with the spam folder last year too, so that's not a new thing.

This has been generally exasperating, though.

yes they did! i think they emailed back and forth with them for a while. they had pretty good stats though (not to say you don't) but i think they received med school invites at every school they applied to. they got an invite, then rejection then invite from queen's...something like that. it got sorted out in the end.

I don't have really good stats! I am 99% sure they made a mistake. Thanks for that information though!

Happened to me right now. Got an interview invitation, then a rejection 20 mins later. I've been trying to confirm, but no reply. 

I'm sure its a mistake though since there is no way I could have gotten an interview with my MCAT and it would be unfair for me to get one seeing these stellar applicants with great profiles get rejected.

Yep, same boat as you. It would be unfair given my low stats  to get an acceptance and for other people to get rejections. If you don't mind, what were your stats in terms of GPA and MCATs? I will just email them back and wait for a reply.

Wait people actually got both rejection and invite emails???

At least one person in the stats forum got an invite then a rejection, and both emails were addressed to them. What a nightmare for Queens. I still haven't received any email and I honestly don't know what to think. There seems to be way too few invites posted for them to all be out, but I should have also gotten a rejection by now. I hope someone is in the office trying to fix this mess.

Time Stamp: 1:44 (mountain time)

Result: Invite!!!! (unless of course they sent me a stealth rejection to my spam folder at the same time)

wGPA:3.745

MCAT: 520 129/130/132/129

ECs: TAing, Research, Coaching and playing sports, Teaching music, Playing in bands (I really hadn't seen this as a strength)

Year: 2nd year MSc

I'll be fully honest, I didn't see this coming in a million years. The fact that other people are getting rejections as well as invites has me a little suspicious that my interview will be somehow rescinded. With that said, attending Queens would be a dream come true!

+1. Worried that my invite was actually a rejection. I guess everyone gets to stress until Monday once they've sorted out this mess? :P

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived