Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill 2015/2016 Interview Invites

Obviously speculation from other applicants is way more accurate than from current McGill students

Don't get me wrong. I'm not doubting that bilingualism probably doesn't affect chances. I'm merely pointing out why people are suggesting potential explanations for why individuals with extremely high GPAs are being flat out rejected when McGill claims that GPA accounts for 70% of their pre-interview admission selection.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not doubting that bilingualism probably doesn't affect chances. I'm merely pointing out why people are suggesting potential explanations for why individuals with extremely high GPAs are being flat out rejected when McGill claims that GPA accounts for 70% of their pre-interview admission selection.

Selection is 60% GPA, 10% academic context and 30% CV. Just because one has a perfect GPA does not guarantee an interview. Say they took bird courses on a part time basis or had red flags in their academic file (plagiarism), or had poorly answered the admission questions or even had nothing to add in the CV, they will not score enough in the other categories to be able to be invited to an interview.

Archived