Premed 101 Forums

Mild Deuteranomaly Or Protanomaly & Surgical Specialties

Not being colourblind I couldn't say for sure, but I think you would find it very difficult. Its hard enough to make out structures and tell the difference between nerves/vessels with perfect vision.

Not sure this is true (at least for colour deficiency). I did manage to ask this question of a colleague who is an ENT resident -- he said he's actually colour deficient and it's not a problem in ENT/head&neck anyway.

Not sure this is true (at least for colour deficiency). I did manage to ask this question of a colleague who is an ENT resident -- he said he's actually colour deficient and it's not a problem in ENT/head&neck anyway.

some pretty seriously dense anatomy to figure out there as well. 

I haven't heard there is much of a restriction there. This topic has come up on some of the US threads before and they pointed out there are many top surgeons that are actually colour blind. Only area of consider was ophthalmology.

Every time this thread title comes up in the list I read it as "Mild Deuteronomy", and say to myself "actually, I think there's some pretty harsh stuff in there..."

Has happened 3 or 4 times now.

Sorry.  As you were.

LOL this is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh

Archived