Premed 101 Forums

U Of S Past Interview Statistics

Was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If I go to a school that already gives number grades as the base (but also has letter grades on my transcript - Lakehead University), do I just use my regular average or do I convert somehow using that scale? If so, how would I convert?

I didn't apply to Saskatchewan this year because my average from all of my Lakehead courses is only 89% and I was intimidated by the mean average in the admission stats.

Was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If I go to a school that already gives number grades as the base (but also has letter grades on my transcript - Lakehead University), do I just use my regular average or do I convert somehow using that scale? If so, how would I convert?

I didn't apply to Saskatchewan this year because my average from all of my Lakehead courses is only 89% and I was intimidated by the mean average in the admission stats.

The rule of thumb usually is that they use the percents if given directly on the transcript. So if your average is 89% based on your percents on transcript, that is your application average

• 2 weeks later...

Have they released interview invites yet? Their website says that the interview is February 27th but i did not receive either an invite or rejection notification as of yet. 

On their admissions guide they stated that interviews will be released mid-February and interviews will be held on March 5th :) hope that helps!

On their admissions guide they stated that interviews will be released mid-February and interviews will be held on March 5th :) hope that helps!

It actually says February 27, 2016 in the admissions guide.

Interviews for admission for 2016-2017 are scheduled for Saturday, February 27, 2016. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted via email by mid-February. 

It actually says February 27, 2016 in the admissions guide.

Interviews for admission for 2016-2017 are scheduled for Saturday, February 27, 2016. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted via email by mid-February. 

My mistake my admissions guide must be out of date then thanks for the updated information!

Rejected :(

OOP

Not sure how to calculate my stats for them. Best two years 93% average. DAT 66/90 and they state that min out of province combine was 84.5% combined. Sooo not so sure how I would fall under that if that's even what they are stating.

Good luck everyone.

Archived