Premed 101 Forums

Advice Regarding The Mississauga (Mam) Tour

Congrats to those who got interviews! Just wanted to throw this out there since I didn't know last year. There is only 1 MAM tour per interview day and it is in the afternoon so signing up for the MAM tour automatically puts you in the morning slot (although not signing up for the tour doesn't guarantee you'll be in the afternoon). While the MAM tour was nice, I'm not a morning person and getting up at 6:30am was quite rough...

Do you know if it's possible to get a MAM tour on a non-interview day? I live pretty much next to campus so I'd be able to come at any time.

Not sure, maybe a current UofT student can answer that? :)

Typically people are pretty busy to give a formal tour during the week, and our building is locked on weekends to any non-students/staff. If you just show up during the week you could just walk through and no one will kick you out (unless you linger). There is only one main building for medical students so it doesn't take too long to explore. You will likely miss a few things though that you won't have access to.

As a MAM student I would recommend the tour for sure. There will also be some other opportunities throughout the process (if you get accepted, etc.). I would be happy to answer questions about MAM or you could try to contact them and see if you could attend a tour on a non-interview day? Don't know if that would work. Just a suggestion

Hi, I don't see a St.George tour option on my confirmation link, only MAM tour is available. Does this mean the St. George tour does not need signing up?  If I interview in the afternoon, will I still be able to do the St. George tour? Thanks! 

Don't need to sign up for the St. George tour. 

Hi, I don't see a St.George tour option on my confirmation link, only MAM tour is available. Does this mean the St. George tour does not need signing up?  If I interview in the afternoon, will I still be able to do the St. George tour? Thanks! 

If same as last year, interview slots will be broken into groups. While one is interviewing, other will tour and then they will switch. Do not need to sign up

Typically people are pretty busy to give a formal tour during the week, and our building is locked on weekends to any non-students/staff. If you just show up during the week you could just walk through and no one will kick you out (unless you linger). There is only one main building for medical students so it doesn't take too long to explore. You will likely miss a few things though that you won't have access to.

As a MAM student I would recommend the tour for sure. There will also be some other opportunities throughout the process (if you get accepted, etc.). I would be happy to answer questions about MAM or you could try to contact them and see if you could attend a tour on a non-interview day? Don't know if that would work. Just a suggestion

Do you know if it's possible to get a MAM tour on a non-interview day? I live pretty much next to campus so I'd be able to come at any time.

You can definitely get a private tour of the MAM building and UTM campus at any time (doesn't have to be on the official tour). I've given many of these tours over the years - the MAM admin love students who are interested and will happily give you a tour and hook you up with a MAM student for a bit as well.

You can email Tamara Breukelman - t.breukelman@utoronto.ca. She's the Operations Manager at MAM and has facilitated and organized many of these tours in the past! She'll connect with the MAM class reps and organize it all for you :)

Hope this helps! Feel free to message me if you have any questions :)

MAM 1T6

I went on the MAM tour on an interview day/weekend that was not mine. Definitely is an option, just reply to the tour reminder e-mail (we got one a few days before the tour, don't see why they won't do the same this year) and ask if that is okay. Don't just pick a day and show up for the tour, they need to organize busses and that would cause some problems.

Do you know if it's possible to change my response to indicate I no longer want a MAM tour? I'm trying to maximize my chances of an afternoon interview as the time zone difference would mean I'd be waking up at around 4 which would be killer.

Worth a shot in my opinion. I would also email them explaining that you are coming from the west coast and due to time differences you would prefer an afternoon interview. Worst that can happen is they say no

Archived