Premed 101 Forums

Still Waiting...

Guest wannabe

Guest wannabe

I figured it was time to start a new thread since the last one was getting quite long.

It's now Friday and another week has gone by with no letter. I'm looking forward to two days where I'm not checking the mailbox all day long. It's gotten so bad that I find myself checking the mailbox even after the mailman has been here.

I'm not sure what to think of things. In my ideal world I like to think of Dal med as Survivor or American Idol and that although I haven't heard yet, my application has survived through a number of cuts. Others think that it doesn't work that way, but no one really knows.

I just needed to vent...

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Magnolia

Hi...I just registered on this forum, but I have been following the discussions for quite some time. I finally decided I needed to vent some frustration too!! At least you're not alone in the frustration. All this waiting is seriously driving me crazy- I just want to know so I can get on with the rest of my summer and fall plans.

Guest wannabe

Yeah I know what you mean. At first I didn't want to make a Plan B because then it seemed like I wasn't optimistic enough about getting in. But now it's so late in the year that I have to make a Plan B or I'll be left with nothing to do. But at the same time it's hard to make a final plan when there is still a chance.

Hopefully it'll be only three more weeks...

Guest wannabe

eJaya,

Yes, I am still waiting for Dal. It's Dal or plan B for me (whatever Plan B is). I'm getting quite anxious and I hope I hear something soon.

Guest Mimicat65

Hi wannabe and Magnolia,

Glad that we are not alone in this wait. I've been wondering now if Dal was going to wait and see what the fallout was from the Ontario deadline (is it the 15th for all schools in Ontario??) before filling it's remaining seats. Could be that we won't hear until closer to the week of the 23rd.... uggg. Who knows.

Mimi

Guest novacanuck

LOL,

I luv coming on here...you guys always make me smile. I think it's probably just because I get to commiserate with you all. Well, eJaya, June 6th went by and I still didn't get a letter. I'm not sure if that means something better than the rejection I got last year or not. I'm gonna remain indifferent just to be safe. I find that that's the easiest way. :\ I don't have a solidified plan as of yet either. I'm on the waiting list for Ottawa ( the bad one) and I have like two different jobs up in the air now. I swear that my whole life seems so UP IN THE AIR that I know I'm gonna sprout wings soon. Well, anyway I luv hearing from ya'll.

Later guys and gals,

Ben

Guest DALstudent

Hi all...

I haven't posted for a long time but I too have recently begun to lose patience with the whole process. It will be like 6 months since my interview next week. >: :x :P |I :(

Good luck to the other people on the board and hopefully it will (good or bad) be over soon.

P.S They are still sending letters every week as I have heard of quite a few people (friends of friends) receiving rejections recently.

Guest yogi53

I am waiting "patiently" like the rest of you but I don't post very often since I don't have any new info.

best of luck

Guest yogi53

hey,

I should have added this to this last one but at least it is another message to take up some time. I was just wondering if there people who have been accepted would be kind enough to give a few stats on themselves and their application. It could really help those of us who are still waiting.

thanks

Guest wannabe

I think mimicat's theory sounds good; that Dal is waiting to see how many people choose an Ontario school and give up Dal seats before they send out more letters. I'm hoping that lots of people want to go to Ontario this year and that lots of seats are now available. That would be great.

Guest MD2006

Rumor mill has it that the rest of the letters went out today and that the class will be at least 90 people......don't quote me however as I heard through the grapevine.....

Guest on the fringe

I cant wait to hear!! I just want to know at this point! I I'm just hoping that it's good news!! If not at least the torture would be over!! Good luck to everyone!

Guest eJaya

Hi Dalhopeful,

I haven't called her yet but I almost did about 20 times. If you do, please post!!!!!!

Good Luck everyone!

(that is, if the letters have been sent :) )

Guest on the fringe

Hi everyone,

I got a hold of Tracy and she confirmed that that was a rumor. letters will still be sent out up until the end of the month. Sorry to burst everyones bubble. :\

Guest wannabe

Well the rumor sure added a bit of excitement to my day. Maybe we should do that again; there were definitely more people posting. But like everyone else there was no mail in my mailbox today (except a visa bill). Unfortunately, Friday the 13th does not sound like a good day to get an acceptance letter...

Guest Magnolia

Hang in there and best of luck to everyone..i'm an NS resident, but living out of province right now...still no word here....:rolleyes

Guest eJaya

Hi guys,

I emailed Dr.Hughes to add some more conferences, etc. to my application and he said it was already reviewed and sent out on Tuesday but couldn't disclose whether I got in or not. Here is exactly what he said:

Margaret, your application was reviewed at the Admissions Committee this past Monday and your decision letter from us went to Canada Post on Tuesday so obviously it's too late to add things to your file.Hopefully you will get your mail on Friday or Monday at the latest. Its been my practice not to give decisions by e-mail so you will have to wait another day or two.

Now, I wonder why he couldn't disclose it- I'm thinking I didn't get in and he didn't want to have to break the bad news. Anyway, I've been analyzing his words for about 15 minutes and if any of you see any hidden meaning- I'd love to hear it!

"Going crazy in TO"

Archived