Premed 101 Forums

I GOT IN!

Guest amoeba joe

Guest amoeba joe

I am still in shock! I received my acceptance letter from Dal this afternoon! It arrived in a thin white envelop. Things are happening so good luck to everyone waiting and hope to see you guys in August!

-Amoeba-

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Wow, that's great!

You are one lucky chap/chapette there, not having to wait agonizing months and months and months. Yay you and yay Dal for being so progressive! Enjoy the moment!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

That's absolutely incredible!! Congratulations Amoeba Joe!

I am sure there will be a lot of anxious maritimers hanging around their mailboxes this week! Are you living in NS, or in another province? In any event - well done...Dal must have seen many admirable qualities in you. All the best, and hope to join you!

~JZ

Guest amoeba joe

Thanks everyone!

I am currently living/working in Halifax so the letter didn't have far to travel. I have an interview this Saturday at U of O but Dal is my first choice so I am not sure what I am going to do.

Kirsteen - it is chapette :)

NBsmurf - I think you may have been there the day of my interview so it is possible we have already met (I was the one licking the cream out of the centre of the oreos).

Guest NBsmurf

Ah, I know who you are ;) Somehow I ended up with your oreos while you were interviewing. :b

Congratulations again, you must be relieved! Are you going to keep working through the summer or take it off? Also, good luck with your Ottawa interview, if you end up going.

CONGRATULATIONS Amoeba!! What amazing news (especially since it is so early).

I am interviewing at Dalhousie next weekend.....any advice?? (your interview obviously went really well).

Thanks and congrats again :)

Guest Mimicat65

Congrats amoeba joe!! WAY TO GO!!!

What a relief not to have to wait. So what is your background, if you feel like sharing... If not, we understand.

Congrats again, Mimi :rollin

Guest DonaldKaufman

Conratulations - that's awesome! I have two questions for you

1. How long ago was your interview?

2. Are you going to go to your interview at U of O?

:)

Guest amoeba joe

Yes it was a great relief to get my letter so early... I still cannot believe it though. My interview was originally scheduled for Jan 25th but I never received the email so I didn't show up and they rescheduled me for Jan 31 with only 4 days notice!

I graduated in 2002 with a BScH and this year I am taking classes in sign language and working as a personal care worker for 2 adults with traumatic brain injuries. I also volunteer at the children's hospital in Halifax.

Beth - My best advice is to be yourself and have fun. I smiled and laughed a lot during my interview and my questions were focused almost exclusively on my essays, research, and current activities. I was fortunate to have very friendly interviewers. Also, don't be afraid to ask for clarification on any of their questions and avoid silences. I tried to pad all my answers with personal stories.

DonaldKaufman - I have decided not to interview at U of O. Dal is 100% my first choice so I will call U of O this morning and cancel and hopefully they can offer the invitation to someone else.

Guest Whitbourne

...I got my acceptance letter this afternoon, too. It says it's contingent on me finishing the work for my Master's, but there you go.

Has anyone else heard? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in August...

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

I am so happy for all of you with acceptances in hand...CONGRATULATIONS from me :)

Man, I usually go to the gym after work, and don't home till around 10pm or so, but I am so anxious I think I may just go home after work to check the mail. Hopefully good news awaits more of us this evening and tomorrow.

~JZ

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Oh, one more thing...

could you guys possibly post when you had your interviews, just in case they are reviewing them in the order they came in (after interview).

Now, take a big breath, and RELAX!! If I was in Halifax, I would have to get down to the Lower Deck for a few brews for sure. Here in Toronto, I may hit up the Duke of Argyle or the Granite if I get some good news.

:hat

~JZ

Archived