Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekend - When To Arrive?

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those invited (and those previously invited in previous years). :)

Just wondering, what events should or would one want to attend? The interview site tells you there's an event Fri night (a pub night?), another such event on Saturday night. This is in addition to your regular day-of events of course (i.e. your actual interview, as well as the Dean's talk, the video, the campus tour, etc.). 

So my interview day is scheduled on a Sunday btw. I was just wondering as to your own thoughts on when to arrive, given that these events - see above Fri and Sat night ones - are optional (but maybe beneficial? Or not at all?). Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those invited (and those previously invited in previous years). :)

Just wondering, what events should or would one want to attend? The interview site tells you there's an event Fri night (a pub night?), another such event on Saturday night. This is in addition to your regular day-of events of course (i.e. your actual interview, as well as the Dean's talk, the video, the campus tour, etc.). 

So my interview day is scheduled on a Sunday btw. I was just wondering as to your own thoughts on when to arrive, given that these events - see above Fri and Sat night ones - are optional (but maybe beneficial? Or not at all?). Thanks for your thoughts! :)

It's really up to you. I don't think I went to any of the additional events, but I was familiar with the school and already knew I wanted to Queen's if I was lucky enough to get accepted.  The additional events are a great way to meet current students and find out about the school to see if it'd be a good fit for you.  That said, if you can't make the optional events due to travel constraints, etc, there will be lots of opportunities to find out about the school. (e.g. last year many students volunteered to e-mail exchange with accepted applicants to answer any questions that came up and I imagine they will do something similar this year. There is also usually an opportunity to talk to first year students throughout the course of the interview day)

Archived