Premed 101 Forums

Bursary

Guest Beth

I was wondering how the application process works for bursaries at Dal. If we have an interview, should we be applying for a bursary now? Or, is this something that should be done only if we are accepted? When I received my interview invitation from Western they included an information sheet about bursaries that encouraged us to submit applications now. Those applicants who are accepted into the program are then notified about receiving a bursary. I was just wondering if Dal works the same. Thanks

Guest arcticaguy

Hi Beth. I wouldn't worry about it right now. You'll get info. re. bursaries in one of the packages you'll receive after you're accepted. I think I got mine sometime in May. In it will be a bursary application. On top of that you can apply for even more bursaries from the school in Sept/Oct.

cheers.

Guest arcticaguy

Dal does offer "decent" bursaries and scholarships. However, the upper years tend to get more help than the 'newbies' just because they'd have accumulated more debt by that time. I'm not sure, but I believe that you are automatically considered for the scholarships (since they're based on academics basically), but not many of them exist for incoming students.

Don't forget lines of credit. They're the second greatest thing since michael jackson hit the air waves :)

...back to pathology, immunology and micro I go :eek

cheers

Archived