Premed 101 Forums

interviews?

Guest essleigh

Guest essleigh

Has anyone heard if they got an interview yet? I haven't and I thought I'd get one since my GPA is higher than 3.3 and I am from NS. Maybe I misunderstood? Thanks!

hey essleigh,

so far I haven't heard about anyone getting interview invites yet. I'm guessing they will be coming out soon since they did around this time last year.

Guest essleigh

Thanks Guys,

I still haven't heard anything...:\

Hopefully soon...

Does anyone know if they let everyone know at once, or do they have different "rounds" of interviews?

To those of you who have an interview next weekend (congrats!) are you out of province applicants? Just checking if they are doing the in-province applicants first! Thanks and good luck

Hey Guys! Great news! Last year they did send out in province NS resident interviews before OOP or NS residents who were living out of province/country. Our class is getting together some great stuff for interview weekends, hope you have a great experience!

Guest medicator007

Congratulations BCGirl on ur interview!

As for preparation time, I was also only given one week lead time when I interviewed at McGill. Personally I found it to be more than enough time and I might have gone insane given any more preparation time.

All the best,

Medicator

Guest Mimicat65

Essleigh,

I'm still waiting too - I am in-province. :\

Does anyone know if there is an alphabetical component to interview invites? I know there is at some schools (like MUN).

Guest essleigh

Hey Mimicat65...Yeah I still haven't heard :( Although I am an NS resident I'm living in Alberta at the moment...so I'm hoping that is why I haven't heard. Is your situation similar? I'm so anxious to find out. Good luck!

Guest Mimicat65

No, I am in NS... :rolleyes , but surely there are several interview weekends, and maybe they only give everyone 1 week notice. So hopefully there will be additional invites over the next few weeks.

Has anyone received an email invite already for a later date??

Guest arcticaguy

Congrats to everyone with an invite. That's great news!

Mimicat-to answer your question re. the alphabetical system: I don't think so. Last year I interviewed the same day as another friend of mine who was on the other end of the alphabet! That one week notice sounds more like it.

Best of luck to you.

cheers.

medicator,

Thanks! :)

Are you from Quebec? I'm hoping McGill gives oop students more notice than that (if I'm given an interview).

Good luck everyone!!

a bit of info...

for those of you living away (like me) but a NB resident or NS resident...the notices are going to be sent soon. I called the admissions office this morning b/c I need to book my flight for my MUN interview, and wanted to do both if I could fairly close together to avoid the huge cost and inconvenience of flying to the east twice (I am living in BC at the moment). The admissions secretary was very nice and said I was scheduled for an interview on Jan 31st (the same day as my mun interview), and that she hadn't sent out the notices yet (I think it's pretty crazy that we only get a week's notice, it is hard to book flights!)...MUN gave me 3 weeks notice!!! Anyways, she let me reschedule for Feb 7th, but I haven't received the e-mail yet...but she said she was preparing the e-mail for the Jan 31st people so that she could send it soon...

Good luck to all...

Cheers

p.s.she said they are interviewing on friday and saturdays...

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

*sigh*

I got a rejection letter from Dal today. The problem is that they were considering me as an out-of-province applicant when in reality I am a NS resident (my MCAT scores are not a 30 as required for OOP applicants). Does anyone know what the procedure is in situations like this? Will they reconsider my application in light of the fact that they had me in the incorrect applicant pool?? Any insight would be very reassuring. Thanks...

~JZ

JZ.....I know two girls who experienced a similar situation at Western last year. They both had the GPA and MCAT cutoffs, but did not receive interviews. They called the admissions office and explained the situation and both received interviews (one was subsequently accepted!) I am sure that Dalhousie will reconsider your application in light of the situation. I hope that it all works out for you!!! All the best, Beth

Guest arcticaguy

hey JZ~

Please don't despair yet :\ Call the admissions office and ask to speak to Sharon Graham or Dr. Dan Hughes and explain your situation. If you have a copy of your application to dal, I would fax over that first sheet to them as well, as proof of your residency claim. Although the first wave of interviews has just started, I would act fast. I hope all goes well. Best of luck.

cheers.

Guest medicator007

BCGirl,

I am indeed a quebec (montreal in fact) resident... and i do believe that OOP applicants get more notice than that!

Btw..the dates for OOP interviews have been posted in the McGill forum somewhere :rolleyes

Medicator

Archived