Premed 101 Forums

Different Decision Codes?

jmes.91

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we receive a PDF offer by email tonight, maybe 2-3 weeks for mailed copy? Not sure!

For those applicants who are accepted, how long does it take to receive your official offer in the mail?!?

Congrats guys!  There is no mailed copy, as far as I know the pdf you see tonight is your offer letter.

For people on WAIT LIST like me, I've done some research these are previous years statistics of acceptance on the waitlist :

Last year = 26

2013-2014= 26

2012-2013 = 9

2011-2012 = 17

2010-2011 = 17

2009 -2010 = 5

Is this for IP or for all categories including OPP, INTERNATIONAL, CEGEP, etc

Congrats to you all, future colleagues  :D !!! I was extremely happy to find out today that a person very close to me finally got in after many years of trying... don`t give up! If medicine is your dream, keep going for it, it really is worth it! 

Once again, congrats and welcome to McGill Medicine!

I think its IP I have my info from this website on premed101 I'll try to find the link in my history and copy paste it here !! Congrats man #6 is really good its sure you're in ! Im 17....lol

Good luck to you too. If your stats are correct then #17 gives you a good shot as well.

For people on WAIT LIST like me, I've done some research these are previous years statistics of acceptance on the waitlist : 

Last year = 26 

2013-2014=  26 

2012-2013 = 9 

2011-2012 = 17 

2010-2011 = 17 

2009 -2010 = 5

According to afmc (https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf), these numbers are the total number of accepted applicants who declined irregardless of applicant category.

Anyone know if waitlist rankings given are final, or are they subject to change after ranking are released? 

The email states "McGill's Faculty of Medicine will disclose waitlist rankings as of May 2016, when all candidates in all applicant categories have completed the interview process. " Which means that we're subject to go down on the rankings?

In the waitlist box under notes mine says "bit.ly/22szemE-#9 on waitlist" with the bit.ly link linking to the waitlist page if you remove -#9.

Those who were accepted could you tell me what are the '' conditions '' ? Like do you just need to pass your class, finish your Bsc ? Or do you still need to have excellent grades lol

Thank you and congrats !

Most of the conditions relate to specific paperwork that has to be submitted at specific times and this is all made explicit. You will not get a straight answer about grades... the answer I got from admissions was something along the lines of "a large drop in academic performance could make us reconsider". What that means precisely is up for interpretation. Realistically nobody is going to go from 3.85 through the their degree and then drop to 2.5 or something. It'll be fine.

Archived