Premed 101 Forums

Letters

Guest CDog

Does anyone actually know when the next round of letters are supposed to go out? In addition, does anyone know why it's taking Dal so much longer than any of the other schools (including schools like U of T who have over double the number of seats than Dal) to notify all of its applicants?

Cheers!

Hi CDog,

As far as I know, the last round of letters is supposed to be mailed "on or near June 28th".

Good luck... the waiting is terrible, eh?

Guest MD2006

Hey guys. Last year the letters were supposed to be sent out the last Friday in June and I received mine the next Monday so you should get them no later than the first week of July. Also last year, there was a batch sent out around this time (middle of June) but I'm not sure if it's going to be the same this year.

As for comparing Dal to U of T, UofT is part of the OMSAS application system, so all Ontario schools are required to send out their acceptance letters on May 31 eventhough they have more applicants. There are still people waiting to hear from places like USask, UofA, and UofC I think so it's not unique to Dal.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to wish all the incoming 2006'ers good luck! I sent a letter rescinding my acceptance to Dalhousie today in order to attend Queen's. Good luck to all of you. Dal is a great school for those of you that did an undergrad elsewhere - I have no doubt you'll all have a blast. For those of you waiting, there is one more seat open, good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey UWOMED2005,

I've been away for a few weeks and wasn't able to reply earlier - sorry about that.

I did a BSc in Microbiology & Immunology. I graduated in 1998 and went back to Dal for an extra year Special Student Undergrad in 2000/2001. What did you do at Dal, and when were you there?

See yah :)

Guest UWOMED2005

I did a degree in Biochemistry and Microbiology & Immunology (actually as a King's student), graduating in 2001. We probably had most of the same profs - Dr. Stoltz, Dr. Duncan, Dr. Barnes, Dr. Tim Lee (I think he teaches the meds Immunology, btw - fantastic prof, imo. . . best introduction to Immunology I've ever seen.) Dr. Hoskins, etc.

That reminds me. . . you guys at Dal should have Dr. Bearne for Biochem. If you have a chance, tell him Jeff Rader says hi. . . and that I'm in medicine at UWO.

Have a great year at Queen's. . . apologies in advance for beating up on you guys at FSS. :)

Hey UWOMED2005:

I've been taught by all those professors. Tim Lee was definitely my favorite. Those of you who have the pleasure of being taught by him in the upcoming year will no doubt feel the same.

Talk to you later :)

Archived