• 65-65.9
    • 64-64.9
    • 63-63.9
    • 62-62.9
    • 61-61.9
    • 60-60.9
    • Below 60

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Does anyone know how many people are generally put on the waitlist for Nova Scotia applicants?

I do not know the exact number, but when I asked the admission about it they gave me stats from last year which is around 15-20 wait-listed students (I assume in total for NS, NB, and PEI ! but as I said 15-20 people could be only from the NS wait list too! ) 

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has heard of their status yet, is it too early considering that Ontario final decisions will not be out till mid May!

They are coming out tomorrow, and i believe we'll have 2 weeks to decide so it might move after that! 

They are coming out tomorrow, and i believe we'll have 2 weeks to decide so it might move after that! 

I think that depends! Not sure if this is true, but I thought either Dal or some/all of the Ontario schools had a rule that you cannot hold a seat at 2 different med schools for more than 48 hours. So if you've already accepted Dal, and get into a school somewhere else, you have to decide and reject one within 48 hours.

I think that depends! Not sure if this is true, but I thought either Dal or some/all of the Ontario schools had a rule that you cannot hold a seat at 2 different med schools for more than 48 hours. So if you've already accepted Dal, and get into a school somewhere else, you have to decide and reject one within 48 hours.

That is true, but that refers to accepting 2 offers, not receiving 2. The OMSAS system has 6 schools which all send offers tomorrow, and then you pick online which one to accept, then the 'clock' starts to drop Dal

Wait were you OOP or IP for Dal? Do they only replace OOP with waitlisted OOP applicants?

I was IP-NS, and they do go by provincial quota's from what I understood at the interview weekend. They said the OOP waitlist will often get moved through quickly, sometimes entirely though! So you might be getting good news over the next few weeks if you're OOP!

That is true, but that refers to accepting 2 offers, not receiving 2. The OMSAS system has 6 schools which all send offers tomorrow, and then you pick online which one to accept, then the 'clock' starts to drop Dal

I'm in this boat too. So just to clarify, my 48 hour clock starts if/when I accept the Ontario offer?

Thanks so much!!

I'm in this boat too. So just to clarify, my 48 hour clock starts if/when I accept the Ontario offer?

Thanks so much!!

That's what I was told, from OMSAS when I called. Which makes sense because you still have 2 weeks to choose between your ON offers rather than 48 hours. It's just paying deposits that confirms it, or accepting through the SAM thing. 

Congrats on your offers though!

Your post on the U of T page about being accepted says IP too... Just wondering how were you allowed to apply as IP for both U of T and DAL?  

Haha that was because I copy/pasted the format from the first person I saw on that page. 

Toronto doesn't even give anyone IP/OOP preference though, so it wasn't part of the application. But I have always been in NS so definitely IP here :)

I have declined my Dal offer though, so maybe the waitlist will move soon

Archived