Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Pa Applicants 2016

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parking in downtown is going to be pretty bad, but if you comfortable doing it and leave plenty of time you should be good.

does the 8 minute stations include the 2 minutes we are allowed to read the prompt?

The number of stations and time does change a little each year, but there is sufficient time to read the stim before the bell goes to tell you to enter the room.

I have some info for the ones who are still waiting for the invites. I called the PA office today and I was told that the invites are still being sent, it's ongoing. Also, I came to know that this is happening on rolling basis , I didn't know about this. I also asked that would there be a different interview session for the late invites, she said she doesn't think so. I don't know how that would work though still some hope is there.

Best of luck .....

Those who have got the invites, could you update that when did you finished all the reqs for the program, around what time your submission was completed for the application ??

I finished my final year of undergrad last year in April, which included all recommended prereqs besides chemistry. I'm taking biochemistry through U of T currently, though I'm fairly certain they don't consider unfinished prereqs. I've been completing my clinical hours full time since May, and I finished my application somewhere around mid January.

I finished my final year of undergrad last year in April, which included all recommended prereqs besides chemistry. I'm taking biochemistry through U of T currently, though I'm fairly certain they don't consider unfinished prereqs. I've been completing my clinical hours full time since May, and I finished my application somewhere around mid January.

Do you mind sharing where/what your clinical hours were completed? I haven't applied to U of T PA because I only have volunteer patient experience, although it is direct care. Is 900+ hours of that enough or should I look into getting some sort of paid job? (Does lifeguarding count lol? I do first aid!) thanks

Danijaq they now accept volunteer hours as part of the health care experience, below i have posted from the www.paconsortium.ca web page FAQ

Health Care Experience
Does volunteering count towards my hours?

Yes, we do accept volunteer hours, as long as they add up to the minimum requirement of 910 hours

I’m a new graduate from an allied health program – I have less than one year experience since graduation. Can I include my student clinical experience?

Yes – as a student, although you are supervised, it was still expected that you meet responsibilities and accountabilities of the role for which you were training.

Does the program recognize my profession, even if it is not on the government website provided?

The website is not exhaustive. On the supplemental application form you have the opportunity to describe your role and your healthcare experience.

To everyone at the MMI you have now done! all you can do now is relax and keep yourself busy for the next 2 weeks else you will find yourself going crazy waiting to hear back.

It was nice talking to some of you at the Answer and Question sessions if you have any more questions feel free to contact me or post in the forums and i'll respond as quickly as i can.

Do you mind sharing where/what your clinical hours were completed? I haven't applied to U of T PA because I only have volunteer patient experience, although it is direct care. Is 900+ hours of that enough or should I look into getting some sort of paid job? (Does lifeguarding count lol? I do first aid!) thanks

I completed my hours working as a physiotherapist assistant at a clinic, it is a paid position and I'm working full time. However, I would strongly encourage you to apply with your volunteer hours. They did specify that volunteer hours count, although paid positions are given more priority. The more direct and hands-on, the better. 

Truthfully, I'm not sure about lifeguarding. I have a feeling it might have to be more clinical, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

Archived