Premed 101 Forums

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of anyone who took this path, and specifically:

As the PA program is a Bachelors degree in Ontario,  I understand it is quite intensive - is it possible to get a competitive GPA for medical school from the degree program?

Would appreciate your thoughts, particularly from current PA students or professionals.

RR

I did just that. I am a mature student and had horrible grades in my first undergrad. I knew I would have to get a 2nd degree to apply so I did the PA program. Finishing my 1st year of med school in a couple months ;)

Congratulations beanpsp!  I am in a similar situation.  Did you attend Mac or UofT PA?  Do you mind relating on this thread what your BSc PA GPA was, and how difficult it was to attain that vis-a-vis school/life balance, etc.?  Or PM me.  I'm very interested in your story.

Congratulations beanpsp!  I am in a similar situation.  Did you attend Mac or UofT PA?  Do you mind relating on this thread what your BSc PA GPA was, and how difficult it was to attain that vis-a-vis school/life balance, etc.?  Or PM me.  I'm very interested in your story.

I was at U of T and my GPA ended up being 3.99... so close ;) lol...  I also had a part-time job (which they strongly advised against) but I don't have kids and my husband was not working in the same city at the time, so that almost made things easier (can't tell him that, jk) I had a pretty good work-life balance, still kept up my volunteer, saw family a lot, and my husband on weekends. The only thing to consider is that some schools might not accept professional degrees, or partially distance Ed courses like U of Ts PA program, the only one I can think of right now is U of Ottawa. send me a PM if you want to know anything else

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of anyone who took this path, and specifically:

As the PA program is a Bachelors degree in Ontario,  I understand it is quite intensive - is it possible to get a competitive GPA for medical school from the degree program?

Would appreciate your thoughts, particularly from current PA students or professionals.

RR

Hi RR,

Just wanted to make you aware that Mac doesn't give any marks for their classes, so you won't be contributing to your GPA.

Archived