Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th Support Group

Now that interviews are over... I thought I'd make a support group for those like me desperately waiting for results to come out, because this post-interview time is arguably the hardest during the whole process.  :P

How is everyone keeping themselves busy? (I don't have school or work, so I'm dying from boredom). And how do you all feel now that we've had over a week to think about our interview performances? 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that interviews are over... I thought I'd make a support group for those like me desperately waiting for results to come out, because this post-interview time is arguably the hardest during the whole process.  :P

How is everyone keeping themselves busy? (I don't have school or work, so I'm dying from boredom). And how do you all feel now that we've had over a week to think about our interview performances? 

I'm in my 4th year, but do not have final exams to study for. I am keeping my self with my part time research position. Volunteering extra hours and bandwagoning on to a RCT with a year follow up! Tons of data entry and analysis and ppt presentations to make!

For what it's worth decision might come out on the 13th or something, as the 15th is a Sunday. So that potentially reduces the remaining 1065hr wait by 48hrs!

The more I think about it the worse I feel about it -_- , but such is the cycle of applications every year.

I'm keeping busy doing electrical work full time.. even though I'm a journeyman welder (its fun to learn a new trade). I am rather enjoying my post bachelors//pre-med lull and have enjoyed a lot of skiing, shadowing, conferences, and volunteering. I just bought a bag of golf balls today and am going to a buddy's acreage to work on my drive this weekend; life is good.

As for the interview I had to take a bunch of dayquil to appear human, so its hard to assess my UofS and UofA interviews as they were on the same weekend. I'm hoping I did well on autopilot lol.

Spending most of my time holed up in the library because of various presentations, term papers, and final exams coming up. I wish I could have a week of holidays or something... because as soon as I wrap this semester up, I'm right back in the lab for another 4 months. Is anyone going on a trip anywhere this summer, and can your suitcase fit a human?

Spending most of my time holed up in the library because of various presentations, term papers, and final exams coming up. I wish I could have a week of holidays or something... because as soon as I wrap this semester up, I'm right back in the lab for another 4 months. Is anyone going on a trip anywhere this summer, and can your suitcase fit a human?

Studying for finals too... and heading back to work as soon as I'm finished finals.  :mellow:

I wish there was some way they could at least let us know how we did on interviews (score as compared to the average). This waiting is torture. 

I feel ya!

The worst part was when the head of admissions straight up told us they would have all the scores settled and the first round of invites prepared by the following wednesday! i.e. everything is already said and done - just waiting for May's formalities

I feel ya!

The worst part was when the head of admissions straight up told us they would have all the scores settled and the first round of invites prepared by the following wednesday! i.e. everything is already said and done - just waiting for May's formalities

Seriously?..

I feel ya!

Crazy - I didn't know this!

• 2 weeks later...

The 15th is a Sunday- isn't that odd? Shouldn't emails like this be sent on a Friday or Monday?

For what it's worth decision might come out on the 13th or something, as the 15th is a Sunday. So that potentially reduces the remaining 1065hr wait by 48hrs!

The more I think about it the worse I feel about it -_- , but such is the cycle of applications every year.

Yeah it has to be earlier 13th or earlier as, from what I understand, May 15th is the agreed upon LAST date for all medical schools across Canada to release acceptances/rejections letters to interviewees...

As I calculate (not including today), there is exactly 4 weeks, 28 days, 672 hours left... 

It mentions in the application manual that applicants need to maintain a minimum GPA if, for example, they are finishing up 4th year. Anyone know what that minimum GPA is?

It probably just means that you would have to maintain the average for whatever your pool is (e.g. At least 3.3 for IP 4 yr pool). I'm sure it's nothing to worry about unless you completely bomb your fourth year.

Archived