Premed 101 Forums

May 11, 2016 Support Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an email from UBC Science and had a mini heart attack. I can't imagine what a mess I'll be tomorrow morning

Haha, I know the feels!

Guys, tomorrow's the day! I can't believe 3 months passed.

Here's what I'm predicting for tomorrow:

9:45 - 9:55 AM: Regrets emails sent.

10:25 - 10:35 AM: Waitlist emails sent.

11:05 - 11:10 AM: Offer emails sent.

Seeing that they sent the interview invites exactly like last year, I'm willing to bet that decisions post-interview will be sent like last year as well.

Yes. I will be declining any potential offers.

Wishing every single one of you guys the best tomorrow. 

Great haha, congrats on your other acceptance(s)!

Don't forget that number of declined offers doesn't necessarily equal waitlist movement.

Mmm I don't think UBC over-accepts initially... unless you're referring to something else?

Out of 656 interviewees, how many do you guys think will be accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

288 accepted

~90 waitlist

~280 reject

Pure conjecture of course

Pretty sure most schools do. Could be wrong though.

Possibly, although with the binding campus selection as part of the offer and the fact that they're not competing with any other school IP, I have my doubts. But who knows

Out of 656 interviewees, how many do you guys think will be accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

I think 288 get accepted (I don't think UBC over accepts), at least 100 get waitlisted, and at most 268 get rejected.

After the incident 2 years ago, I think UBC decided to inflate its waitlist.

I think 288 get accepted (I don't think UBC over accepts), at least 100 get waitlisted, and at most 268 get rejected.

After the incident 2 years ago, I think UBC decided to inflate its waitlist.

Did they run through their waitlist or something?

Did they run through their waitlist or something?

Haha, yup. They had to contact people who were rejected, and offer them a seat. A few people were accepted literally 4 days before classes started! After that, I think they decided to inflate the waitlist so this never happens again :/ .

Haha, yup. They had to contact people who were rejected, and offer them a seat. A few people were accepted literally 4 days before classes started! After that, I think they decided to inflate the waitlist so this never happens again :/ .

Wow that's crazy... hope that happens again this year lol

Archived