Premed 101 Forums

Hello! I am a undergraduate student at the U of M finishing my bachelors in Kin. I was wondering how the qualifying year works for the Mcgill PT program?. On the site it said that guaranteed spots are available for QY students  idk if i understood that right but some help would be nice.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I am a undergraduate student at the U of M finishing my bachelors in Kin. I was wondering how the qualifying year works for the Mcgill PT program?. On the site it said that guaranteed spots are available for QY students  idk if i understood that right but some help would be nice.

It means that you have to apply to the Qualifying year for PT (QYPT) If you get in, you do the QY for one year and if you maintain a cGPA of 3/4, you are guaranteed a spot in the MPT program for the next 1.5 years. Meaning if you get below 3 out of 4, you do not have a spot in the MPT program.  Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

How did everyone find the McGill PT MMI's?

I thought it went pretty well! I did find some questions much more difficult than others, but I don't think I completely screwed up any of the stations.. as time passes I'll likely realize other things I could have said, but I feel okay for now. How about you?

Thought the whole environment was a lot more relaxed than the other MMI I had participated in. Might sound weird, but I thought it was actually kind of fun?? Haha

When I filled in the survey afterwards there was a question asking if we found the experience enjoyable.. like yes they were super friendly and welcoming, but it wasn't enjoyable!! I was shaking from stress!!

When I filled in the survey afterwards there was a question asking if we found the experience enjoyable.. like yes they were super friendly and welcoming, but it wasn't enjoyable!! I was shaking from stress!!

I agree, thought they were all really friendly but the whole situation was very stressful! Overall I think I did aright, but there were definitely some stations that were better than others. I haven't gotten accepted anywhere so hoping for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived