Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get one either, I wonder if there is a way to find out where on the list one is?

I called earlier today and was told that if we didn't hear then we would be put on the waitlist. The email offer I got told me that I had until June 9 to accept, so they should be sending out more offers after that. Good luck!!

Does anyone know if letters of rejection were also mailed out?

I was told that rejection letters wouldn't be sent out for about another month or so. I assume this means they will be sent out after all spots are confirmed

I was told that rejection letters wouldn't be sent out for about another month or so. I assume this means they will be sent out after all spots are confirmed

Why were we told that the entire process may take up to August to be finalized, if they are going to send rejection letters out in a month (July)?  Are certain applicants still held on file until then(August)?

Why were we told that the entire process may take up to August to be finalized, if they are going to send rejection letters out in a month (July)?  Are certain applicants still held on file until then(August)?

The person I spoke to on the phone told me it would be about a month, but I have a feeling that they may still keep people on the wait list until August. I've seen a couple posts on this forum of people getting into McGill PT late August last year. Good luck! :) 

Based on what McGill admissions told me in an email, the first round of offers was sent out yesterday and they will be sending out a second round soon. I was upset I didn't get an offer, but hope we get some good news :)

Accepted as well, will be withdrawing my offer for Queen's. I cannot believe I've been accepted to my first choice school - to echo ntd22, I am beyond excited!  :D

Is there a facebook group for accepted students?

Yes! I just confirmed my offer this morning too! I am so looking forward to working/learning with you guys!! 

Is anyone here already a local? I have been living here in Montreal for the past four years (originally from BC) and would be down to meet up sometime this summer before the crunch happens to review some pertinent anatomy and physiology. Like perhaps at Parc du Mont Royal or some such thing?!?! 

I think I am still in shock of that email!! Also beyond excited!!

Yes! I just confirmed my offer this morning too! I am so looking forward to working/learning with you guys!! 

Is anyone here already a local? I have been living here in Montreal for the past four years (originally from BC) and would be down to meet up sometime this summer before the crunch happens to review some pertinent anatomy and physiology. Like perhaps at Parc du Mont Royal or some such thing?!?! 

Congratulations!  :D I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the class!

I'm from Montreal! At the interview it was mentioned that there will be an anatomy bootcamp before school starts - I'll definitely be attending that to refresh my knowledge. PM me if you want to discuss anatomy and physiology stuff!  :)

I am not a local (from Toronto) , but I will be coming down a couple of weeks ahead of the start of class to get settled.  I do have some questions on living accommodations.  Does anyone know where to start looking? 

Lyrafox, I'm a local as well! I'll be reviewing this summer if you want to meet up

and @KinePTApp, I'd definitely look into the student ghetto area (Anywhere to the right of Mcgill's main campus). You could also try somewhere near Drummond since that's where our department is

I know the feeling... the shock hasn't worn off for me yet either

Aww no offer for me yet :( This is my third year applying. On the bright side, I have lots of work experience now. Wonder if there is a third round of offers?

Start preparing a Letter of continued interest (LOCI) and sell them on that experience.  I was about to send mine this week.  Make a good case and see what happens.

I am not a local (from Toronto) , but I will be coming down a couple of weeks ahead of the start of class to get settled.  I do have some questions on living accommodations.  Does anyone know where to start looking? 

If you look on the McGill medicine board there's a thread about living accommodations. A lot of our classes are in the medical building, and the PT buildings are right beside it.

Start preparing a Letter of continued interest (LOCI) and sell them on that experience.  I was about to send mine this week.  Make a good case and see what happens.

All applicants are ranked by their interview score - they're going in that order. I don't think a letter would change your ranking..

If you look on the McGill medicine board there's a thread about living accommodations. A lot of our classes are in the medical building, and the PT buildings are right beside it.

All applicants are ranked by their interview score - they're going in that order. I don't think a letter would change your ranking.

You'd be surprised how well it could work.  I would do it regardless. Granted, I would ask permission to send it over.  I was waitlisted after first round, and even though I inquired I didn't get any solid feedback/info on my ranking,.I think the process is not identical to ORPAS..  Key is to show continued interest.

Archived