Premed 101 Forums

2016 Backpack Vote

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe it's all of canada. MD financial is a subsidiary of the canadian medical association. They posted events in saskatchewan and alberta in the past with the same bag packs. I can't speak for Quebec schools. 

My friend at McGill has the backpack from last year - so at least the English school in Quebec gets them, not sure about the French ones.

As long as it's not pink I'll probably be happy. I personal would love red, but if the polls are any indication it will likely be teal. Been waiting 8 years for one of these backpacks... feels good to finally be able to receive one!

EDIT: Since the University of Calgary is receiving their backpacks tomorrow, pictures will at the very least be (likely) be posted on the MD Financial Management Facebook page; however, I'm sure some kind soul from UCalgary will let us know what the colour is (wink, wink)

It hasn't leaked because it is a huge secret to most of the staff at CMA and MD don't know as well.   There are only a handful of us that know the colour! (Hence the secret society.....  thought we don't really wear Robes and light candles)

Everyone in Canada does get them except Ottawa U...   we will be posting the reveal video tomorrow at noon.   (It did leak early last year)   We wait until all of the Calgary students are in the auditorium with no cell connection :) 

It hasn't leaked because it is a huge secret to most of the staff at CMA and MD don't know as well. There are only a handful of us that know the colour! (Hence the secret society..... thought we don't really wear Robes and light candles)

Everyone in Canada does get them except Ottawa U... we will be posting the reveal video tomorrow at noon. (It did leak early last year) We wait until all of the Calgary students are in the auditorium with no cell connection :)

Even us in french medical schools? :D

As long as it's not pink I'll probably be happy. I personal would love red, but if the polls are any indication it will likely be teal. Been waiting 8 years for one of these backpacks... feels good to finally be able to receive one!

EDIT: Since the University of Calgary is receiving their backpacks tomorrow, pictures will at the very least be (likely) be posted on the MD Financial Management Facebook page; however, I'm sure some kind soul from UCalgary will let us know what the colour is (wink, wink)

Yep, I agree. I mean, I'm excited to get the backpacks regardless. But my family would definitely take the opportunity to ridicule me just a little at thanksgiving if I came home sporting a hot-pink backpack...

Random, but why do Ottawa students not get the backpack, can they still get it? I feel left out lol

I'm not sure about getting one, you could probably contact MD Financial though. What I do know is that the general consensus is that UOttawa backpacks are much nicer. :) If that's any consolation.

Archived